Wednesday, April 01, 2020

School Cancellation Extended

Well, we have the grocery pickup mixup sorted, not ideally but still sorted.

We were able to post an order with WMart which we can pick up on Friday evening, so that is not too bad. Just this morning, I was able reserve a slot for our regular grocery store in two weeks time. Between the two places and Shauna picking up some odds and ends, I should be able to remain isolated. We are still in critical weeks (and may be for some time), so I want to avoid exposure if possible. While I do think it would be pretty safe to shop, I might as well keep my distance as much as possible.

One bit of advice that I came across was to isolate yourself as if you had the virus. That might be stretching it a little bit, but it seems like a good thought to keep in mind. Of course, I wouldn't even go for a walk if I was really infected, and I do plan to go for walks, weather permitting.

====================

Speaking of weather, our days of rain are coming to an end. Although it is still overcast this (Tuesday) morning. It is forecast to be sunny and reach near 10C/50F this afternoon.

But there is still that icy patch on the front lawn: the one that I posted about yesterday.

====================

Shauna's workplace doesn't seem to be infected yet. Perhaps the virus will bypass them. As the general manager, though, she had to stay to help serve dinner last night because they were short-staffed. If things do get bad, she is prepared to stay there day and night. It is a residence, so she should be able to set up a spot. There are rooms available, but I don't know about beds as residents supply their own furnishings.

. . . I have just asked Sha, and she says that they have some beds and furnishings for guests and temporary residents. A temprary resident, for example, might stay there for a few weeks after an operation.

====================

Yesterdays Selfie: I have hair, but I think I prefer baldness.


Grammar check wants me to apostrophize "Yesterdays" above the photo, but I don't think the selfie belongs to yesterday. Does it?

====================

Finally: schools are now cancelled until May, and who knows after that.

14 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

I am glad the grocery situation seems at least doable for you. Yes, it looks like we may have sunshine tomorrow too. Stay safe!

PipeTobacco

DJan said...

Glad to hear you don't have to go out. I think the bows are a bit much, but what do I know? :-)

Tabor said...

Stay healthy. Our deliveries for food are all overbooked..so have to go physically to the store each week. I am wearing a mask this next time.

gigi-hawaii said...

We were going to have our groceries delivered, but changed our mind when we were told there would be a week's delay. David makes short trips to the store during senior hour.

Marie Smith said...

We are extended until May 11 for school, if then. It’s not looking good.

We have the rain you had now. Better than snow but it prevented us from walking. Rats.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Our schools are also cancelled for the rest of the year......I hope your daughter's workplace will not be affected by this virus...She is so dedicated and brave.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad the grocery shopping got sorted out and good news about Shauna's workplace and hope it continues to be so. We are still going out for walks, mostly at times when streets are devoid of people, which is pretty much all the time as our downtown area has restaurants and breweries which are shuttered for now. The state wine and liquor outlets remain open so drinking is deemed essential, apparently.

Barbara Rogers said...

I think the curls on top are a bit over the top for you! Sue looks good as always! I completely understand your worry about your daughter. Hope all continues to be well. I'm working on getting a friend to pick up some groceries later in the week.

Christina said...

Fingers crossed Shauna won't have to take up residence at her work and I hope her care home remains Covid-19 free.

Todays selfie has to be a favourite, thanks for making me smile.

MARY G said...

The selfie 'of yesterday'? ??? But we don't say that. We say 'the selfie from yesterday'. So, I agree. No apostrophe. I hate where they think commas should go, as well.
Glad Shauna is okay. You must be very proud.

Jenn Jilks said...

Good for you for scoring groceries. Well, pickups.
We're managing. JB usually shops daily, so it's a bit weird.
This is going to get worse before it gets better. Ontario and Quebec's number are horrid.
I told JB we'd hit 1 million by Thursday. Maybe today...
We'll get through this!

Joanne Noragon said...

Sadly, selfies does belong to yesterday.
Our governor has closed school through April, too.

Mage said...

Yes, yesterdays. I'm so enjoying the selfies.

Red said...

Logistics? Who would have ever thought it would ever be this complicated to buy groceries.