Friday, April 17, 2020

Real Selfie with Real Masks

Daily Selfie: Real Masks

Sue's sister sent us masks. Sue is also working on others.



Funny Thing

What a hoot! Sue was getting exasperated because no one had been commenting on her fb posts for the past 2 weeks, not even me, her loving and adoring husband.

When I checked on her computer, I found that she had been directing her posts to just one person — her sister, who doesn't really do fb. Hopefully, we have now rememdied the situation. 😀

Syrup-less Spring

We generally make the trip into the hinterland in the spring during or slightly after the maple syrup run. This year, we are isolating, and they are closed anyway. We often do the excursion in the autumn too for the colours, which is when I took this photo. Maybe there's a chance still for autumn 2020.

An old shack: the very nice and commodious restaurant is behind me.

New ER Measures

In light of COVID, our community hospital has set up a special entrance and screening area for ER patients. link


No Planets

There are a lack of photo ops lately, especially with the pond being nearly deserted of waterfowl life. The moon, saturn and jupiter were supposed to line up nicely yesterday morning around 4am. I happened to wake up around then but couldn't spot them from either the front or back window and with the temperature below freezing, I was not inclined to go out and search.

This morning, I did wake up early enough for a sunrise shoot, except that our locations aren't compelling, and it was less that 0C/32F out. I demurred and drank coffee.

But I Do Have This Shot

I have been trying a few across the river photos this spring. Some, like this one, have been salvaged through creative post processing, but I have been disappointed in most and have trashed many attempts. This one has a fake sky and fake birds to try to assist it a bit.



12 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good Friday morning, John, and as much as I have enjoyed the funny selfies, it was nice to see you and Sue in those colorful masks, which have become a part of everyone’s accessories. Who would have thought face masks would have become a fashion statement?

Marie Smith said...

Love the look of the water in the photo, AC.

Marcia said...

Thanks for your comment. I tried to clarify my walk distance. There was a decimal point between the 2 and 5 but I rewrote it as 2 and a half.
We have colorful masks too. Helps with having to wear them.

DJan said...

Those are very pretty masks. I'd wear them if I had one. Mine are just normal light blue or grey. You did a great job on that fake sky, BTW. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

I have one E-95 or whatever face mask in the car. I wear regular dust masks (from Dr. waiting room) to just get the mail and take out the garbage...where I seldom see neighbor. The one in the car is for when I need to go into grocery or pharmacy. I don't think I'lll do that for another 10 days or so. You all do have fashion flare in your masks!

Tabor said...

I am waiting an order of elastic so that I can sew some masks for family and others. I hope I can figure out the pattern as there weren't directions.

gigi-hawaii said...

Nice masks. I wonder how one can direct comments to someone else on FB. That's odd. Glad you fixed the problem.

Anvilcloud said...

Gigi. You can make posts public or to your friends or even 1 specific person. Of course, we didn't know this until it happened and we investigated it.

MARY G said...

613-278-2090 Pancake House temporarily closed, syrup sales: contactless pick up or online webinfo@wheelersmaple.com

0r

https://paulsmapleproducts.ca/ They are delivering as far as Ottawa and would include you, no problem.

Joanne Noragon said...

Glad you helped out Sue. Technology stinks, and as soon as I have me learnt, it changes.

Rita said...

I love those colorful masks!
Great sky/bird shot...I can't tell the fake from the real, though...and that is disconcerting.

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with FB these days. Too many vacation photos from those who should have stayed at home. Ah well.
Our kids are gone for a couple of weeks. Momma misses them too much. She's kinda helicopter parenting them with the schooling, too. We just have to take it easy for a bit. I'm getting depression symptoms, too. sigh.