Friday, April 03, 2020

Figures of Speech

Let's keep it light today, shall we? No more kvetching about bad charts. lol

(Please read to the bottom if you want try a challenging activity that our extended family played together online.)

Things aren't so light in this first section, but an armoured truck somehow combusted in our downtown on Wednesday evening. It was just across from a gas station. It could have been worse. I think it had been moved by the time when the photo was taken but had been farther away from the gas station, across the street, during the conflagration.


No waterfowl at the pond the last few days, but there was this rock nearby. It was part of a project for kids, to paint rocks and leave them along path by the park.


There was also a redwing blackbird. It was way up in a tree, so please forgive the poor photo.


And . . . we also had a third, non-fowl sighting. Houses back onto the park (lucky devils) and look what I saw. Crocuses, I do believe. Yay!


Sha picked up a few groceries and supplies for us. She leaves them on the floor in their bags. Sue cleans them and puts them on the wiped table. They stay there for several days before we bring them in. The coffee cream will be fine as it is still like a fridge in the garage. It is a light shopping as I am due to pick up an online order from WMart this evening. We shall see how successful it is as they are experiencing low stock in many items.



The Daily Selfie: I don't know why my face got foggy.



This was our in-the-park selfie.



Our devices started going mad from action in our family message group. There were up to 7 of us trying to guess the answers. It was quite a wild time with guesses coming from all over the province, and even the country.

There are 27 figures of speech referenced in the drawing. How many can you guess? If you want to play, I will post answers tomorrow.


Before I knew what was going on, I was miffed at all of the beeps on my phone. We were watching tv, and the streaming device for my hearing aids, cut out for a few seconds after every beep. I shut my phone off completely, but somehow, the beeps on Sue's phone continued to cause interference, even though my bluetooth device is not hooked up to hers. It was a British program with very strong accents, so I was struggling anyway.

13 comments:

DJan said...

I pondered that picture for awhile and was able to identify maybe a half dozen of those figures of speech. I'll be interested to see what the rest of the might be. I'm not good at playing games like this. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

I want to see the answers to the puzzle. In a way it's a relief to know I'm not the only one (speaking American here) who can't understand those Brits who talk so fast and are almost unintelligible. Masterpiece Theater was the worst. I got all excited about Inspector Morse...then had no clue what they were saying. Had to turn it off after half an hour straining. Volume was up, but no luck. My hearing is ok otherwise!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It has been interesting seeing what people buy. You are obviously fond of Coke - the kind you drink!

Mara said...

I think I got a few of them. Around 8 or 9.

You do know that you can turn the beeps off? Just go to settings and turn them off, or (even better) turn your computer in a sort of sleep mode between certain hours. Mine goes from 10 pm to 7 am. Not a sound.

MARY G said...

Yes, please do post the answers. I am struggling. Can't do cryptic crosswords either.

Marie Smith said...

I can only see three figures of speech! Good game!

MARY G said...

I see you took the post about the Seniors' residence down again. I am getting the same news because my best friend lives next door to Caroline Court where the first case was. Scary! Holding good thoughts about your brave daughter in the midst of the mess. People like your daughter, and mine, who are carrying on with essential tasks for other people, amaze me. Unsung courage and heart. But, of course, we say. Wow. Just that.

gigi-hawaii said...

It's nice to live in a rural area with crocuses popping up and wild life such as ducks and swans roaming around. Sorry, I don't go in for puzzles as I am brain dead. My older daughter would, though.

Jinksy said...

Thanks for that brain workout, AC! Jinksy here at last, after being defeated by being asked to repeat some indecipherable word, the first time I tried to leave a comment... I think I have seventeen sayings, not including one for the cat's tail (I only know a ruder variation!)
Stay safe and keep well. ♥♥♥

Shammickite said...

I think your "crocus" might be day lilies poking up out of the ground to welcome spring.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

I just realized that you put up a new blog entry every day … and LONG ones at that. I am down to posting a new one every 6th day and even have a hard time
doing that! Your Selfies are hysterical ...

Jenn Jilks said...

I agree with Shamm, I think they are day lilies popping up.
Your Sue is hot! I'm glad you have one another!
You do hve to figure out how to take a photo withouth showing the stick, though! A good challenge.

Rita said...

I'm glad I can understand most British/European shows, I guess. Maybe I've watched so many it became easier. If you have close caption you could use that.

I came up with a few of the saying right away but will be waiting to read them all. :)