Saturday, April 18, 2020

The Details Bedevil Me

The Daily Selfie


Rooftop Sunrise

We don't have much of a view with townhouses across the street, but when the sun peeked over the rooftops, there was a bit of a pillar.


That &arr; was the colour that came out of the camera. I wondered if it would make a decent mono image.



I Am Not a Details Person

We came across this ↓ on fb.


Well of course I could do it. I could circle my foot clockwise and then keep going into the 6 by beginning the 6 at the top of the bottom circle.

The problem is that I didn't see the hand part in the 2nd instruction. I just started drawing the 6 with my foot.

I am not a details person.

This was the same morning that I asked a fellow blogger if she really walked 25 miles as she wrote. Except that she didn't write that. She informed me that I missed the decimal place in 2.5.

I am not a details person.

When I play Sudoku on my iPad, which I do several times a day, sometimes and too often, in fact,  I make the mistake of thinking I am in the mode in which I add notations when I am really in the mode in which I enter my actual answer. For example, I want to note in a certain square that there could be a 2, but that it is just 1 possibility along with others. What I, too often for my liking, end up doing is mistakenly entering the 2 as my chosen answer, only to find that it is wrong.

I drive myself crazy when I do this. I make other careless errors too, such as dragging my finger across the screen which may cause the app to insert an stupid answer. Or how about this? I mean to put the answer in a certain square but happen to tap the adjacent one. Very seldom do I make an actual logical error, but the stats counter doesn't know this. lol

I am not a details person.


13 comments:

Marie Smith said...

You know we each tried it. Strange but true!

Marcia said...

I thought I was doing it until I realized my foot had changed direction without my knowing it. Very strange.

DJan said...

You look very nice in makeup. I tried the circle thing and was amazed to find I couldn't help it, my foot didn't behave like I thought it would. Nice trick, that. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

No problem here. My brain must not be connected right, I did circles and 6 just fine. I do hate those touch screens that think better than I do...though of course it's not my fault! It does take forever to un-do things sometimes though. You all do look a bit artificial today! I know what you really look like though!

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm getting some vertigo, I think from my cataract. I won't try this!!!
I love the pillar. Good eye. \P.S. you look good with eye liner!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I couldn't do it but will try again later......
Interesting ears!

PipeTobacco said...

The reason why the vast majority of folks cannot do the instructions is because of reflex arcs that are a part of the neural circuitry of our central nervous system (brain and spinal cord). These reflex arcs are essential in our normal day-to-day abilities to maintain balance and body position.

The very, very rare person who can do this trick typically has a locomotor deficit of some sort with gait or cadence that makes their balance a bit less smooth because of incomplete development of the reflex arcs embryologically. For example, a person with a very mild case of spina bifida may have a slight deficit in gait, but may very well be able to perform that task.

PipeTobacco

Christina said...

I am lying on the sofa just now and can't try the circling foot magic but I will do that tomorrow morning. I am a stickler for detail, much to the chagrin of my offspring (and probably my husband, too).

Red said...

I am your soulmate when it comes to not seeing details.

gigi-hawaii said...

You are hilarious! Well, at least you manage to blog every day, which is not what many people can do.

Joanne Noragon said...

That foot trick is some trick.

dellgirl said...

This is very interesting, thanks for sharing it. The selfie is a real smile-maker. You two are so much fun. I don't dare try the foot thing, makes me discombobulated just reading about it. Wishing you a Blessed Sunday, Stay Safe my friends!

Mara said...

I couldn't even do it from the start. I could turn my foot and then once I stuck my finger in the air, that was it: lost!