Tuesday, April 28, 2020

An Old Man Lies on the Grass

I don't know if you'd call this selfie, psychedelic, but it feels like it to me.


Sometimes I get a wee bit behind myself, so I am taking you all of the way back to Friday morning. Someone had posted a photo of a nearby yard that was full of tiny scillia flowers, which I see that some just call scilla without the 'i'. So fairly early, I went out, lay on a stranger's lawn, and took some macros. The lawn was by a fairly busy street, though not as busy as usual during the pandemic, and I have to wonder what passersby must have thought upon seeing an older man lying on the grass. As for the 4 photos, I like the last 2 best although they have a very different mood from each other.

I now present the photos, followed by a very short video (10 seconds). I took the video because a breeze was blowing the flowers, and I thought it would make for a nice, little clip. I put a little music to it, and I like it.






Second to last item: an article that answers many questions about Corona such as whether you need to wash your clothes or shower when you come home from an outing such as grocery shopping. Providing you are keeping your safe distance from others, it shouldn't be necessary in the majority of circumstances. Also, most small droplets wouldn't land on you but be blown around you (my words) due to how aerodynamics work.

Last item: Alycia's Keys' Good Job song honouring essential workers. It includes many images of regular yet extraordinary workers in these times.




16 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I enjoy your videos AC. Another area to experiment and explore.

Vicki Lane said...

Oh, I love the macros! And I am jealous of anyone who can lie on the grass AND get back up again without help.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lovely shots of the tiny blooms, John, and getting down and up again was also an achievement, so kudos to you. I found the link to the New York Times article very informative especially after seeing people wearing masks on outside open air walks and even when inside their own vehicles with no one else. Both of these seem a bit Overboard to me as they defeat the purpose of being outside. My mask wearing is restricted to being in stores, post office or any similar enclosed and indoor environment.

Barbara Rogers said...

Yay for getting up off the ground! And these shots were definitely worth it! Even the video! Thanks.

DJan said...

I enjoyed your macro photos and the short video. It's a pretty little flower. And I smiled at all your comments noticing your ability to get up from a prone position. They should do some yoga. :-)

Himawan Sant said...

Your makro's photos and videos are good, friend. The little flower details look very pretty.
Great work

gigi-hawaii said...

Good post that uplifts the spirit.

MARY G said...

The song is a great find.

PipeTobacco said...

I really enjoy the macro photography!!!

Tabor said...

Very dreamy photos. I would have joined you on the damp lawn...at the appropriate distance, of course

Joanne Noragon said...

Thank you for the Keys clip. Poignant and wonderful.

Kay said...

I love your scillia photos, John. Alicia Keys song, Good Job is so very perfect for these times. We have a lot of heroes out there supporting the rest of us. We owe them a debt of gratitude. I need to send this video to my nephew who is an ER nurse.

Rita said...

Worth lying on the ground to get those! :)

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm getting behind. My eyes are really bothering me.
Love the selfie.
The flowers were worth the prostation!
I think you are right. People get the virus from a ceratin period of time of contact. I've so had it.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

An old man lying on the grass? Maybe they thought you were a Covid-19 victim!

Mage said...

The song is just lovely. The beards are magic. What fun.