Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Sewers and Alliances

The Daily Selfie: Angelic ensemble but we look rather devilish to me.


Talented Sewage System

This made my chuckle when I came across it on a local fb group. Actually, it gave me an instant of perplexity before I got to the context.



Karma in Virginia

Virginia pastor, Gerald O. Glenn, died from COVID after defiantly holding a service.

From the NY Post article: “I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church.

I don't feel one bit sorry about this. Does this make me a bad person? Mainly I hope (quite in vain, I realize) that it brings some clarity and commonsense to certain irrational faithheads.

Cats vs Dogs Obstacle Courses During COVID: Cats always win

Such videos are popping up while people now have time on their hands. I was surprised one day when Lacey managed to walk around items on my desk without even seeming to look. I have since learned that one thing that gives cats the advantage is that their hind feet land where their front feet preceded them.


Multi State Council

I don't know much about this, but apparently, a number have states have joined in an alliance of sorts to work together on a joint framework of measures. There is a West Coast Pact and a Multi State Council in the east.

Image

I have often thought that at least some of these states are pretty Canadian in ethos. Some of them, particularly those western states, even talk pretty much like Canadians. Eh?

18 comments:

Christina said...

I wouldn't trust those two angels :-)

I have seen that short obstacle course video, isn't it amazing? Our cat is able to walk over my keyboard without pressing a key, such is the lightness of cats.

Karma indeed. I find it really hard to understand that some individuals believe they are safe from all sorts of dangers because of their faith. Myself, I trust in science and follow the guidelines of our public health agency ( but I guess I would say that as a scientist... )

Tabor said...

I also saw these news items. Obviously I have been on the Internet way tomuch.

Vicki Lane said...

Thinning the herd. That idiot won't be missed by me, at least.

Marie Smith said...

The dog and cat difference is hilarious. We know this thanks to the pandemic! We have far too much time on our hands for sure!

DJan said...

Quite a difference between the cat and dog. Yes, we have way too much time on our hands, but I'd rather watch that sort of thing than the news. I think you two make nice angels. :-)

Haddock said...

Yes.... irrational faithheads...... there are few like that all over the world, and sadly they have a bunch of followers. Its sad that these followers don't use the brains that God has given them.

Jenn Jilks said...

Devilish, yes.
I think the only way people in the US will survive is if they align against Trump. It's awful.
Then, there are the fundamentalists....

Barbara Rogers said...

Youall are great angels. Cats rule for a reason! Having been raised in a non-medical faith based tradition, I am sorry that there are so many people who believe that medical and scientific knowledge wasn't also given to us from God.

gigi-hawaii said...

Love your selfies, AC. The power of positive thinking.

MARY G said...

Can't figure out how to get the photo on here, but it is up on Facebook. From one of the (less talented) sewers.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It was quite interesting to first see your angelic selfies and then to read about the VA pastor who died. While I agree with so many that he was foolhardy in his actions, I wonder if he caught the virus as a result of his actions or elsewhere. Not that it really matters because as I have heard more than once (dead is dead." And I do not mean that in an unkind way as anyone who dies is missed by family and others. I would say the same of the foolhardy actions that recently caused the tragic and untimely deaths of 2 members of the Kennedy family. Fact is that people do what's considered "dumb things" and most likely will continue doing so.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

You and Sue are indeed very angelic!
I was quite angry with that pastor for his foolishness, but sad for his death.

Joanne Noragon said...

Or perhaps the problem is a president who thinks he has supreme right over states' rights. If it weren't so sad, it would be funny.

Himawan Sant said...

Instead, anyone who is without exception must be aware that a dangerous virus does not recognize someone's status.

Hopefully this epidemic ends soon.

Greetings

Vicky said...

Hello from Perth Western Australia :)

I love the video, my dog wouldn't even attempt to get through, that much stuff in his way would terrify him LOL

Rita said...

I hadn't heard about the pastor AFTER his defiance. Yup--karma.
Cats are very physically aware of their bodies, it seems.
You two angels stay safe. :)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

When I see the governors from those areas speak I take note that they are rational, articulate people presenting facts, and anxious to do what it is right, in stark contrast to the insane, inarticulate, ever boastful, nonsensical, inaccurate, untrue spewing of the president. It will remain a mystery to me that the people of the United States could have elected him.

Izabella Nowotka said...

Great article. I also reccomend https://typkota.wordpress.com/2020/04/17/koty-sa-calkiem-fajne-ale-nie-ma-nic-fajniejszego-niz-kot-z-dodatkowymi-palcami/