Sunday, April 05, 2020

Pizza Ears and Panos

Last we heard, things hadn't changed at the seniors residence. There is still only one verified case, and we hope that it will remain that way. There is a problem with workers quitting or not showing up, but we haven't heard the details. One understands their fear, but the place still has to function, and others must put in more hours. Our daughter informs us that she will have to go into work every single day for the time being.

But the weather was really nice here and felt like the first day of spring with temperatures rising to 14C/57F without the blasts of wind that are so typical of this time of year.

After dealing with out daily selfie, which featured pizza ears and cat whiskers the nice weather drew us out for our daily amble.

Somehow, the app decided that I only needed whiskers on one side.



A walkie selfie.



I decided to take some panos with my phone. I do like how easy it is using the phone.


This was almost directly across from our bench.


Looking back to the pond that was teeming with ducks and geese just a short while ago but they have moved on except for one pair that is not visible in this photo. The big pond looks small beyond the footbridge while the water in the smaller and nearer pond is mostly a result of recent rain. There is usually just a trickle there.


While I was taking panos, Sue was taking selfies.


As we left, Sue took a picture of the bench from the back. You can glimpse a bit of the river just beyond the bench, but the little pond in the foreground looks bigger than the river in this photo.


12 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It's good that we are still able to use public spaces, although that is starting to change. One of my regular spots was barricaded yesterday and I am not quite sure why. I hardly ran into anyone there so social distancing was very easy.

Marcia said...

Hope your daughter stays well. She doesn't have an easy job.

Shammickite said...

Nice to be able to go for a stroll near the water. Sadly the local York Regional forest walks have been closed to the public.... too many people not doing the required social distancing I suppose. I know lots of people walk dogs though there.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love that park! I think I prefer you with eye liner and lipstick!

Good for Shauna for hanging in. There is such a range in PSWs across this province. Some are better than others. They are short-staffed in normal times, but...
Take care.

Vicki Lane said...

Love that last shot of the bench. Kinda perfect for these times.

Marie Smith said...

Great you can get outside for a bit. Keeps us sane here.

MARY G said...

Whoosh. Lots of water in the Mississippi!
We got a write-up from the YD today about what her job has been like in Pakistan. I don't think many people appreciate just how much the Embassy and High Commission staffs have to do. She sent all her non-critical staff home and the rest of them have been processing Canadians who want to return to Canada. Non-stop. 14 hours per day in the office she says. She managed to talk the Pakistan government into letting two planes go and is working on a third. They still have a huge back-log and all sorts of complaints from people they have not got to yet.
Not your daughter's level of caring, but pretty high.

Barbara Rogers said...

You have only one set of whiskers, poor thing. I loved your water phone photos...why not. I know you've invested lots into better cameras and lenses, but there's something so easy to have that phone camera available all the time! Thinking of your daughter and my granddaughter who is just serving dinners at an ALF in Columbus OH. May they be safe...as well as all their patients.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Glad your weather is better. We've been having wonderful sunny days. I fear today is the last one for a while. I hope your daughter can get enough rest with all that is on her shoulders these days. She is one of the heroes. Love Sue's photo of the bench, empty....

DJan said...

Such nice pictures. I don't take many panos with my phone, but I'm a philistine when it comes to working my cell camera. Point and shoot. Love your pizza ears.

gigi-hawaii said...

It's nice to have a roommate and companion, isn't it? How difficult my life would be without David.

Rita said...

I'm glad only one person is positive so far, but I hope your daughter doesn't get burnt out with all the hours. She is one of the heroes! :)