Monday, April 13, 2020

Easter Wrap

This clip of our prime minister explaining about flattening the curve is more than a week old, but I have just seen it. It might be worthwhile viewing for those who don't understand the concept. I am happy to report that, in general, so far our hospitals have been both surprised and pleased that the ICUs are operating below capacity. However, there may be a spike coming in the few few weeks, so we shall see.


While Canada has its fair share of numbskulls, I am pretty happy with and proud of our response so far. It hasn't been perfect, but I think most are trying their best, both leaders and the general populace.

We are expecting major winds today. It could be worse; we are in the yellow zone. I hope roof shingles and fences hold on.

Thunderstorm outlook map

My Easter Morning Breakfast: English muffins toasted and buttered before adding cheese and pre-cooked bacon. It was then heated in the microwave to heat the bacon and melt the cheese. Easy peasy but a little bit special. Sue added the chocolate treat, which were small despite how they loom in the photo. Back to oatmeal today.


Stepmom made sure the kids weren't neglected at Easter. She does a fab job.

No photo description available.

We didn't do a selfie per se yesterday. Instead, Sue did this little video clip in which she has one of our traditional Easter decorations wish the family a Happy Easter. Sue has always been in charge of our selfies.


9 comments:

gigi-hawaii said...

That English muffin looks good. I might try it sometime when we have muffins in the house.

Marie Smith said...

Fabulous job on the video! And the breakfast! I’ve never had chocolate on the plate like that. It might have to be a new tradition.

Shammickite said...

I hadn't seen the video before and I think it does a great job of explaining what this self-isolating is trying to achieve. And I think Trudeau is doing a terrific job in a very difficult situation.
I am in the red/orange zone so it might become a little breezy here today.

DJan said...

And now it's Monday, another day just like all the rest. I would gladly trade your leader for ours. :-)

Jenn Jilks said...

I would agree on our Canadian response, except for the LTC homes. I knew they'd be in a mess. Too many PSWs go from home-to-home. My client has 4 different PSWs over 6 days a week, and one goes into a LTC.
LTC have always had issues with flu and scabies. This is a whole new issue. I doubt there will be change, though.

Barbara Rogers said...

The storm front passed through during the night here...haven't seen the news to know damage, but our area looks pretty ok. Thanks for Trudeau clip...nice to see leadership talk sense. Sue has outdone herself in talking bunny. Love the Easter baskets for kids too! But I'm glad you have oatmeal today after that very naughty breakfast yesterday!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

We had a storm blow through yesterday evening-nothing as bad as those further east of us got. I saw a photo today on facebook of a house blowed over onto a highway- scary stuff.
Your english muffins look delish- I've never tried them with cheese- that will be a first for me whenever I can get back to the grocery store for muffins.
Stay safe and have a good week.

A Cuban In London said...

Happy Easter! That buttie looks good. :-)

Greetings from London.

MARY G said...

Love the Easter clip. Way to go, Sue. The wind has arrived here (8:30 pm) but so far we have power and we had it to make dinner, so all is well. Wood stoves radiating heat - the wind can do anything it likes except blow our roof off. Just read a scathing diatribe about Trudeau's Easter break in the Star. Small things amuse small minds, I guess. Sad, though. I think the gov't is doing a good job too and am delighted to see Ford stepping up to the plate and being a real help.