Friday, April 24, 2020

We Found Lewis

Blowing kisses your way.



==================

You thought you saw Danica open her iwatch on her birthday in our garage, but you didn't really. It was a poster that she opened because her watch hadn't arrived yet.


Delivery is so out of whack these days that the expected parcel didn't arrive until 3 days later. She facetimed us for the grand unboxing, and her dad took this picture.



================

Sometimes, it is nice to rewatch old mysteries. We liked Inspector Lewis when it was airing live and wanted to see it again. You would think that the British streams, Acorn and Britbox, would have it. Alas not. Neither does Netflix or any other stream that we have access to.

We were able to get a few seasons through our library and Hoopla but not nearly all of them. We watched what we could about a year ago.

Finally, I found it on Apple TV. It can be purchased by episode or by season. Since we had rewatched the first 4 seasons previously, we have begun with season 5 this time around. Like Morse, it has a nice British, cuppa tea sort of vibe and pace.

Amazon.com: Watch Masterpiece: Inspector Lewis Season 1 | Prime Video

While I don't love having to make an additional purchase, it is nice to get back to a program that we really liked, so we are treating ourselves. It's not as though we are otherwise indulging ourselves much during the pandemic.

=======================

Finally, after 2 days of horrid weather, we did go out yesterday. It wasn't a bad day but was still somewhat chilly and windy. The grass is greening, but the trees are still looking barren.








12 comments:

DJan said...

I recently signed up for Apple TV to watch something or other. Now I have way too many and will probably get rid of some once I'm no longer housebound. I never heard if Inspector Lewis and don't think I'll get involved. But I might just have to take a look. :-)

Shammickite said...

I have BritBox app on my phone, but I've never used it, should take a look I suppose. Yes, the grass has turned from grubby dead looking to green in the space of a few days. Now all we need is to get rid of the cold wind!

Barbara Rogers said...

Well at least the snow and ice are gone! I love Inspector Lewis. May try getting to look at recent shows also. Whenever I get time from the other things I'm already sucked into doing. Like the water system is being worked on today (town is doing it in my area) so I am not only working to keep my hands clean with my 3 gallons that I filled last night, but will have to start boiling water soon. I will not be doing dishes or laundry here anytime soon. Going to trot out to the laundromat again.

Haddock said...

Unboxing must have been a wonderful experience for her.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for sharing the update on Danica's gift. Now she and Sue can communicate by watch. I agree about the lack of good mystery shows on the streaming services and even vintage films. Lately we have been watching Alfred Hitchcock films, mostly on YouTube when we find them. I enjoyed a few Inspector Lewis shows and not sure where. Glad you were able to find newer ones and yes, it's good to splurge and maybe more so these days because one never knows and no, I am not being pessimistic, well maybe just a tad. But we remain cheerful and well and glad you are both doing well too and sending much love to us fellow bloggers.

PipeTobacco said...

I wouldn’t mind watching the old Sherlock Holmes films with Nigel Bruce as Dr. Watson. They sadly seem unavailable as far as I can tell at the moment.

PipeTobacco

gigi-hawaii said...

I am glad Danica likes her watch. Better late than never.

Marie Smith said...

We have had similar weather, with a few days when we couldn’t get out for a walk. Those walks are so important to our physical and mental health.

dellgirl said...

Oh Goodie, I'm glad Danica's watch arrived before too long. Also, glad she liked it, you can see that in her face/smile. I love a good mystery movie, don't know when I last had a chance to see one.

Rita said...

Oh, I loved Inspector Lewis! I got it from Netflix but I had to rent the DVDs through the mail and they have 8 out of 9 seasons. Right now I am watching MUrdoch Mysteries season 13 on Acorn! I love that show and I hope they keep going forever. Have you ever seen it?

She will love her new watch. :)

Looks like it is greener up your way than we are here...but 60s for a week it says so we should be greening up, too.

MARY G said...

Your grass is a lot greener than ours. Not Fair!

Kay said...

Danica is going to love her watch. My husband is never without his.