Wednesday, April 08, 2020

getting out for photos just a little bit

We are into a supermoon these days. Monday night when I met Sue in the bathroom at 4:30 (it happened) it was casting a bright light along with shadows. The problem is finding a good spot for a photo. I get fussy. I shouldn't really.

Last night, I did go out to shoot the moon. I made it to the driveway, looked up, saw only a faint yellow through the clouds, and turned right back into the house. I would have been a bit late for the actual rise anyway.

But, I have gone out the past 2 mornings to get a photo of those trees (or two trees) across the river. One morning, I was too late to get the best light; the next morning I was too early.

The first morning was a fake long exposure (I won't explain today) to smooth out the water.


The second morning was a genuine long exposure. That tree didn't come out as well, but other than that I like it somewhat. Not sure which I like better, however, although I do like the water better in the second one and I guess I like the tree in the first one.


Since someone mentioned the bw photo on the previous post, I am including one of the first photo, above, too. I generally find that it is better not to show the two versions concurrently because they have their own moods, but I often do it anyway.



Only two geese remain in the pond consistently now and usually no ducks. They were closer together than they are in the photo when I started setting up for this photo. Dratted birds.


The daily selfie: we have a lot on our minds, but I don't think Lacey is impressed.


14 comments:

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Wow … another amazing selfie … your imagination knows no bounds !

Marcia said...

You will have to put together a collage of welfies to see how you've aged through this plague of 2020.

I like the pond picture best.

Vicki Lane said...

I love the picture of the geese! The glowing light is amazing.

Barbara Rogers said...

I vote with Vicki...great lighting with geese. My preference is not for water looking like it's so painterly...but then folks do paint water looking like that.

Marie Smith said...

Love the geese photo but your selfie takes the cake, I mean cat.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sadly, no super moon was visible to us last night because of a cloud cover that came in ahead of some predicted rain. We did go out for an after dinner walk and waited till past the forecasted moon rise but it was a "no show." yes, you and Sue do have much on your minds, er heads today.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I saw a photo of the supermoon taken in Europe where they call it the "pink moon" and it did seem to have a pinkish halo around it. How old were you when you began to be so interested in photography? It is such a technical subject. I just am glad to have my cell phone!

DJan said...

I saw the bright moonlight at 5:00 this morning, as I went to close the blinds from that dratted light. It was so bright that I thought it was a car's headlights. When I realized what it was, I smiled. And I like the second photo because of the look of the water. :-)

gigi-hawaii said...

Of all the photos, I like the first one the most. It's beautiful. As for the selfies, keep them coming.

PipeTobacco said...

Super moons.... and all moons are damn hard to photograph IMO.... I have tried to very limited success. I wish I was more adept with my camera. I need to take some of this time to try harder.

I thought the selfies today were ESPECIALLY cute!!!!

Jenn Jilks said...

I love the water in your photos. Well done.
Love the selfies.
I think I saw a pair of geese there last year!

dellgirl said...

The photos are beautiful, as usual. It's impossible for me to pick ONE favorite, I love them all. You're right, you both have a lot on your minds, so cute.

Mage said...

It's been cloudy and wet, No moon.What do you do about cat hair in your hair. Achoo.

Mara said...

I really need to train my camera a bit. See what results I can get.

Love the kitty heads.