Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter

Let's keep it on the short and sweet side today.



We have a coconut cream pie for Easter. It was made especially for this weekend, and we ordered it more than a week ago, paying by e-transfer. When I arrived at the shop yesterday, I called to let them know I was there. They brought the pies (also an apple) out in a box, put it on the table, and I picked it up and put it in the car. A pretty safe treat, I'd say.



I hope this ↓ news about a possible early vaccine is correct, but it is the only thing that I've seen like this, so I won't get my hopes up too much. Still, it's a glimmer of hope.


I do have a nasty thought to add though.

I think all of those American Evangelical pastors who are keeping their churches open today are doing it for one reason — money. Ironically, they don't have faith that god will provide. Prove me wrong.

Speaking of nasty. But it is so deserved.

Image may contain: 4 people, possible text that says 'EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS MAKE TRUMP THEIR MESSIAH GOD: SENDS A PLAGUE'


17 comments:

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Happy Easter to you and Sue and all your family! I hope they will have a vaccination by September. That would be so wonderful! Your blue butterflies are lovely! Enjoy your pies!

R's Rue said...

Happy Easter.

Vicki Lane said...

HAppy Easter, you wid and crazy guys! Yes, it's a plague, all right. And so is our Orange Embarrassment.

Marie Smith said...

Happy Easter you two. Stay healthy!

Shammickite said...

I hope those butterflies don't bite!
Happy Easter.

Barbara Rogers said...

Enjoy your pies! Lovely spring flowers! Happy Easter, in whatever ways you celebrate. Those blue butterflies aren't half as cute as the people they landed upon!

DJan said...

Awww, I really like your blue butterflies on a lovely Easter Sunday. Enjoy those pies! :-)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy easter aster to you both as well. It's a very different self-celebration this year, but your desserts sounded really good. And I too disagree with those churches who have not closed their doors. BTW yesterday's silly walk video was fun (and silly too, but great fun!)

dellgirl said...

Happy Easter to You and Sue! I wish you both every good thing at Easter and always. Be careful and Stay Safe!

dellgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dellgirl said...

TECHNOLOGY GONE WILD! This device has taken on a mind of its own. Please excuse my laptop for thinking it's so smart!

PipeTobacco said...

Happy Easter to you and your family!

PipeTobacco

Mage said...

The pies sound wonderful.

Joanne Noragon said...

A happy Easter to the whole family.

gigi-hawaii said...

HAPPY EASTER, AC!!!

Rita said...

Sounds like a great Easter under the circumstances. ;)
Well, Trump said he was the chosen one and looked to the heavens. Apparently some people believed him. :(

Jenn Jilks said...

I totally agree. It's horrid that people believe Jesus will save them from COVID–19. It's criminal.
At the very least, Trump is doing such a horrid job, people are realizing.
I know that shop! We can't eat anything in there, well, not we, but he, as he can't have dairy, yeast or eggs. sigh.