Tuesday, April 07, 2020

A Tale of Two Aprils

Having just yesterday put up a photo of the flooded tree, I thought to compare it to last April.

This is the same photo as yesterday but converted to mono, just because I like doing this sometimes.


Here is the pond last April. Although they are not identical viewpoints, I think you can see how much greater the flooding was last year. I even saw people canoeing in this pond, or at least getting into their canoes here before launching onto the river.


You can see the difference in our nearby park too. The water was right up to the footbridge last April.


It is almost passable this year . . . but, of course, I do walk around it to get to the river beyond. I do that by skirting around to the right past the bridge.


Onto the almost daily selfie: the weather is beginning to warm and some days are getting brighter, so thumbs up and cool shades. Dude. And duchess too. 😊


10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

We had far more water last spring as well.

Your photo last year was exceptional too.

DJan said...

Glad to see your selfies are back. I do like that picture, in mono or in normal tones. Big difference in water levels from one year to the next. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

Glad to see more of the terrain, how one area is related to another...and how different the water level is from one year to the next. You and your "dudette" are very swave.

PipeTobacco said...

I really do like your monochrome images. This one is especially nice in an ethereal way. On the selfie, what are the red graphics? Are they meant to be rose petals or something else?

PipeTobacco

gigi-hawaii said...

Very interesting pictures. You are a talented photographer.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Be glad you have less water....Those years of extreme water and saturated soil led to a lot of trees falling over...Fun photos of you two today!

Joanne Noragon said...

Oh, you two and the selfies. Love it. You did have a lot more standing water this time a year ago

Mage said...

I like the selfies too.
I really like the B&W.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love your selifes!
I'm hoping we won't get flooding this year!

Rita said...

Less flooding than last year. I love that tree!!
And your selfies, too. ;)