Saturday, April 11, 2020

Signs and Silly Walking

I hope you stick around for the last item in this post: a video a Sue and me silly walking.

Signs of the Times Around Town: No more sitting on that park bench. Sigh. Of course, at least some of these restrictions have been put in place because people cannot be trusted to do the right thing of their own. Double sigh.



Gatherings

We are not to gather with more than 5 people unless they are family members living in one house. This includes inside gatherings at Easter.

Emotional Video

Oh dangitall: more leaky eyes from this virtual choir of female physicians in Toronto singing Rise Again. (I recently sang tried in vain to sing this with my worsening singing voice at a jam session where others weren't sure of the tune. It was awful.)


I'm getting too maudlin in my old age.

Another Sign: which perhaps led to the item that follows.



We Do Silly Walking

For a different sort of video, and call it the daily selfie if you wish, Sue and I engaged in our version of the Monty Python Silly Walk. I hope you get a kick out of it. Watch it large if you will.


I think that can be a wrap for today.

16 comments:

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

You and Sue are just wonderful! What a post. I was weepy. I was smiling....A great way to begin the day. Thank you so much!

Barbara Rogers said...

How really cute. I at first wondered if any of your neighbors were watching through their windows...and then thought, they must be used to you by now! And those outfits! Not to mention, you al have good leg muscles, I'd say!

Karla said...

Ok, that was hilarious! LOVED it! Keep doing funny videos!!!

Jenn Jilks said...

Oh my. You two are a hoot! This is really uplifting.

PipeTobacco said...

Very fun video! I like your red hat!!!!

PipeTobacco

DJan said...

Now I am smiling big and sure enjoyed your silly walk, and I can watch it again and again if I need a good laugh. Love your sense of humor! :-)

Haddock said...

Enjoyed that silly walking (and the music that accompanied it)

Marie Smith said...

A few tears and a laugh. Thanks AC.

gigi-hawaii said...

What a cute line dance! Love the looks of your house, too.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

I agree with the comment about the neighbors … but it's probably nothing new to them … First the selfies, now the dance, what can possibly come next?

(On a more serious note AC … to your question on my latest blog. Yes, just breathing into the spirometer probably 20 or more times a day for 3 weeka has much improved the intake.)

Mage said...

Youse guys are in awfully good shape.

Joanne Noragon said...

Oh, you two! I couldn't take it in large.
As for your doctors' choir, thank you. I could not play it again.

jenny_o said...

Love the silly walk video! You two are great sports :)

dellgirl said...

What a wonderful way to end my day over here in my little corner of Texas. This has me smiling from ear-to-ear, LOVE that silly walk. It's inspiring!

Wishing You Both a Happy & Blessed Easter Sunday!

Rita said...

Oh, that was just wonderful! I remember Python silly walking and you two were hilarious! Happy Easter. :)

Georgia Cooper said...

Awesome post! You have a great blog! Please reach out if you are interested in signage family. Thank you. Have a great day ahead!