Thursday, April 30, 2020

Daffs

Happy God of the Lightning Bolts Day from the somewhat thunderstruck Ottawa Valley Bunnies


I had never seen miniature daffodils, but we found some on our walk. They were only a few inches high. I went back to take photos, but I didn't like how they turned out. I did take a video, however. You can hear birds chirping. You can also hear a motor. Sorry about that. (I remind you that this is a full screen video if you press the appropriate button — 12 seconds.)


Although the mini daffs didn't work out, I did find another possibility with one regular daffodil. This is the original of two photos with a second variation farther below. The black background just happened. I like it.


Then a took a photo of just a stalk and bud.



I decided to composite the two. Do you like the result or not?


A glimmer of hope regarding COVID. In the previous post, I mentioned that after a downward trend, there was a spike of new cases in Ontario. Yesterday, however, looked quite positive with new cases going down to 347. Except for one day, April 5, that's the lowest number all month. I imagine that fluctuations will continue, but the trend seems very positive.

Image


I conclude with a lighthearted song about Canada. Have a good day, eh?



16 comments:

Marcia said...

Great song. I could tell it was directed to us down here!

Barbara Rogers said...

I do hope your case numbers keep on declining! The song was cute. Missed one of my fav. Canadians who I watch almost nightly, Alex Trebek of Jeopardy.

Jenn Jilks said...

You are a cute pair!!!
Good luck with the flowers. The rain will help. We're a bit dry until now.

DJan said...

You wear sparkly stuff so well! Thanks for the interesting miniature daffs. :-)

Vicki Lane said...

I like the bud best. Thought the composite looks like a conversation about to happen.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Love this song! Shared it with some friends, too....

gigi-hawaii said...

Yes, we like the downward trend here in Hawaii, too.

Kay said...

Your song made me want to move to Canada. We’ve always loved traveling through Canada because the people we met have ALWAYS been so nice to us. They even let us cross the street before we make a move or think to do it. Keanu Reeves is from Canada? I had no idea.

And I did chuckle over the Jennings quote. It’s all such an embarrassment for the U.S. Well... it’s one embarrassment after another for almost 4 years.

Tabor said...

I replied to your comment on my post. I am sure that spring is now up there and it must make you so happy. My daffodils are all done now...You both look good in pink. Not everyone can carry off pink!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You and Sue have both cleaned up well since your last selfie with facial hair 🙂 I have only seen mini daffodils in stores and only the large ones outdoors. Thanks again for the musical interlude, AC.

MARY G said...

The composite works for me, works well.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

In the midst of all that is happening in the world you and your wife seem to have shed years ,,, how do you do that? I need to know !!

Marie Smith said...

Our regulations ease up starting tomorrow. Not much change but we can drive for a hike and picnic. Yay!

Joanne Noragon said...

Love you guys, especially the song and the Covid decline.

Rita said...

You guys are so cute in any ears.
Never even heard of miniature daffodils. Nice.
Great song!! :)

ANDRAINO ADAMS said...

Good articles, Have you heard of LFDS (Le_Meridian Funding Service, Email: lfdsloans@outlook.com --WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740--lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) is as USA/UK funding service they grant me loan of $95,000.00 to launch my business and I have been paying them annually for two years now and I still have 2 years left although I enjoy working with them because they are genuine Loan lender who can give you any kind of loan.