Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Bench and Crocuses

There is good news about COVID in the province. It appears that we are on the cusp of entering the plateau for new cases and are even farther along in terms of flattening hospital and ICU cases. Indeed, we are doing very well in that area all things considered.

On one of our recent walkies, I took a photo of that empty bench by the river where we sat in the first few weeks on pandemic isolation. I may even try another with a wide angle lens, but this is what I have for now.


You may recall that I have taken a few photos looking across to the far shore. I don't think I have shown this one yet.


I went into video mode. I began by looking across the river once again, where the water is fast but not raging as much as last year. Then I swung the camera around the other way back toward the pond. (about 30 seconds)


We saw our first spring flowers across the street. I may return for a better photo, but this is what I took then, and it will do.

Crocuses and Heather

I am sure the daily selfie will return forthwith.

11 comments:

DJan said...

Lovely spring flowers. :-)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks, John, for taking us on a walkie once again. Despite the need to self isolate now, it is still good to get outside, away from others of course, and walk around. Nice go see the spring blooms too as hope that there is life out there.

gigi-hawaii said...

That was a sweet video with soothing music. You live in a beautiful environment.

Barbara Rogers said...

Nice short video...just the size I can look at over breakfast. I loved the crocus flowers! They are a different variety than I've seen before.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Those flowers are so beautiful...We can't really grow heather well here. I used to try and then spent some time in Austria where is was everywhere because the soil was the right sort.

Jenn Jilks said...

I was out ditch diving. Raining graupel. It's not a day for walkies!!!

Marie Smith said...

The first photo is spectacular AC.

Joanne Noragon said...

Thanks for the spring flowers.

Rita said...

Great photos. Love the bench shot and the flowers are gorgeous. The video really shows how the river is raging along! Wow! I'll be looking for the selfies. ;)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Covid-19 has proven once again that at its heart Canada is a decent, civilized caring society. Maybe it's good once in a while to be reminded of that simple fact.

Kay said...

Yes for spring! I remember being so excited to see my crocus and hyacinths coming up each spring in Illinois. Sigh....