Saturday, April 25, 2020

Caturday 22: Odd Feline and Odd Human Ducks

This is Lacey — every single morning and now most nights too. I get up, perform my ablutions, sit in my computer chair, and this is what I see.


She wants me to feed her kibble, just her regular dry food, by hand.

If my morning routine, which I assure you is quite brief, takes longer than she wishes, she begins to bite my legs, even before I sit down.

I have a dry food container by the computer. I take out 3 bits at a time and put them beside her on the floor. She consumes them and waits for more. We do this again and again until she is sated.

She will then go sleep it off somewhere.

Perhaps in my chair.


Perhaps in her window perch in which her large self spills over the edges.


Or most likely, she goes back downstairs since she has no further use for me for the time being. I have served my function until I am pressed into service once again.

That service will occur closer to bedtime when we must do it all again. At least this is the pattern that is developing.

This nighttime ritual must occur after I have filled her dish which is in the other room perhaps just 20ft away. She can go to said dish at any time day or night, but come morning or evening, I must feed her by hand regardless.

I must add to the dish even though it is full. Sometimes, I just shake up what is already there. So far, she falls for this maneuver.

She will consume some nourishment from her dish, but within minutes, Lacey will be back by my feet repeating the pose in the first photo.


Lacey is the oddest cat ever.

Speaking of odd cats, here are a couple of very odd ducks, doing their daily selfie.


Have a good day and weekend wherever you may be.


17 comments:

DJan said...

Now that is definitely a weird cat. But nowhere near as weird as those ducks! Thanks for the morning smiles, AC. :-)

Vicki Lane said...

Cats require stafff. Humans can be trained. Lacey has proven this.

Mara said...

I hear you! Mine has my father trained to give her some treats every night. He is not allowed to do it anymore, but she still tries.

Those pigtails (on a duck?) look great on you!

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Well she certainly has you trained AC. Sounds like a new boss around the house.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my latest blog.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Cats are often very good at training their owners...Oops. Who owns whom?

Marcia said...

Cats have habits just like us. They get more pronounced as they age. Hmm sounds like us too!

PipeTobacco said...

Hah! We had a cat that also really relished being hand fed. We indulged him often.

PipeTobacco

Marie Smith said...

It is amazing how our animals train us!

Christina said...

Aren't cats funny? They have such big personalities. Lacey must love you very much if she trusts you to hand feed her. One of our cats thinks she is a dog. The other one is really really noisy.

Barbara Rogers said...

You all look just ducky...is there a couple of people behind all the bling? So glad you featured Lacey today...what a life she has!

MARY G said...

Very fine ducks.
When I look after the YD's animals, the cat has similar issues. Plus, the dog will tiptoe over to the cat's dish and empty it to shining stainless steel in one fell lick. Causing the cat to complain to me at a very high decibel level that her dish is not (yowl) full.
And repeat.
Both animals are presently in Pakistan with the YD, and I am sure they are whipsawing her at every turn. Plus, she has an outdoor cat that meowbombed her last but one video and a lot of very, very loud birds that chi(r)pped into her last one.
Almost as funny as the ducks.

gigi-hawaii said...

Yes, have a good day. We are having a good one, too.

Joanne Noragon said...

I know I've said this before: the cat has you very well trained. V.e.r.y,

dellgirl said...

Awww, that Lacey is just too too cute, and SMART! I LOVE that intro photo. The story of your rituals had me smiling while reading it. Thanks for sharing that. As usual, the selfie is great!

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday, Stay Safe!

Rita said...

That is why I love cats. I have always had a tendency to get weird cats, too. I had a very average one a couple of times and they were a bit more boring and I never connected as closely with them. I think I prefer the weird nes and they know it. ;) Thanks for sharing, Odd Duck. ;)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoyed hearing about Lacey's daily routing and today's selfies were the funniest to date (at least for me).

Kay said...

Oh gracious! Birds of a feather!