Friday, May 01, 2020

Ears and Sunrise

Our daily selfie is a little earie, especially since my earies aren't even attached.


I awoke early on Wednesday morning and spotted an incredible pre-sunrise sky. Should I go out and chase it? Conditions change so rapidly that chasing doesn't usually work. One almost always needs to be in place when the light kicks off.

I decided to chance it and was at a location about two miles away within about 20 minutes. Yes, conditions had deteriorated a lot, but they were still good. Can you, therefore, imagine what it must have been like earlier with a fabulous, continuous and thicker band of vivid orange across the horizon?


Even the plainest scenery can look fairly good in great light while the most beautiful scenery can look ordinary in bad light. There was just a bare field in front of me, but it was dark enough that it didn't seem to matter too much. The silos added some interest; I think it would be a poorer image without the silos.

This is a map of COVID cases in our local three-county health area. We are in, Lanark East, the green strip to the upper right. If our little region has had 33 cases, I think that they are all related to long term care facilities. As terrible as it is for them, it speaks well for the community at large. Just doing a very rough calculation from the map I think that is almost 2000km2/700sqmi. There are no community cases or very very few in that large of a district seem very positive to me. (I hope that I have been interpreting the map and data correctly.)




11 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Yes to the silos. And the ears. You both are marvelous.

DJan said...

Leaping out of bed and driving 20 minutes for a possible picture is not normal. It makes you grow weird ears. But in any event I enjoyed the adventure and the ears. :-)

Marie Smith said...

Anything which breaks the monotony these days is great! Great photo.

Mara said...

I like the ears.

I wouldn't have a clue how many people have/had Corona in our region. I just know that at the moment it seems to be flattening and it seems to be shifting somewhat. From the south to the north. As long as it is slowly getting better though.

There are a lot of cases in our care homes too. Some have a mortality rate of around 50% I believe. Scary stuff. Good thing my parents are still at home and in good health.

MARY G said...

Silos are an excellent addition. Good hobbit you have there.

Barbara Rogers said...

Next your selfie will have big hairy feet...oh no! Liked the sunrise photo, especially knowing the effort it took to get it.

gigi-hawaii said...

To me, the best shot was your selfie. Lol.

Kay said...

It’s amazing that you got such a shot after driving 20 minutes. We had a beautiful sunrise too, but 5 minutes later, it was just so so. Your selfies are so much fun.

Margaret said...

Wonderful sunrise! It sounds positive about your Covid 19 cases, not that anything about this virus is particularly positive.

Rita said...

Weird detached ears--lol! But cute.
The 20 minute car ride was worth it but not something most folks would do--LOL! We appreciate your extraordinary effort.
I hope the virus stays fairly contained there.
Have a great weekend. :)

ANDRAINO ADAMS said...

Good articles, Have you heard of LFDS (Le_Meridian Funding Service, Email: lfdsloans@outlook.com --WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740--lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) is as USA/UK funding service they grant me loan of $95,000.00 to launch my business and I have been paying them annually for two years now and I still have 2 years left although I enjoy working with them because they are genuine Loan lender who can give you any kind of loan.