Sunday, October 22, 2023

The Redo

On Thursday, that yellow thing in the sky came out for awhile, so we went back to the park to redo Sue's autumn photo. It wasn't just the sun, of course, for her chosen spot now also had good colour: no orange or red, but still colour. If you look across the river you can see that the scene looks nicely autumnal from front to back

Once again, I used my Canon and took multiple clicks in each leaf fall that Sue made from her umbrella. I didn't feel the need to blend photos this time. That ↑ was my fave, which I also printed large, but this ↓ was a close second.

Of course, the scene was a bigger part of the project than capturing Sue, but I chose to crop in on this ↓ one, so we could see her better with her nice smile. Fortunately, the Canon gives me many more pixels than the phone does, so there is still decent resolution after cropping.


There were also some other nice trees in the park, but it is adjacent to the high school, and there were kids about, so I determined to come back after school. By then it was overcast, and since then it has also been rainy, so I may be thwarted this year. (What else is new?). However, it was nice to get the above series. Soon enough, we will no doubt be looking for a spot for next year's seasonal series.

====================

On Thursday, after an ridiculously stupid night, I posted my Whining and Whinging entry. Thankfully, the next night was a very good 7.5 hours. I don't achieve that often. In fact, the night after that, Friday, yielded me barely more than 4 hours, and they weren't even very good hours if you know what I mean. As a result I was extremely poopdicated* yesterday. Sue thought I looked sad, but I was just really extremely tired. While I only got five hours last night, they were pretty good hours, and that makes a difference. I did manage to sleep in bed, and it was nice not to feel so constricted. Aside from some early difficulty with my shoulder, I managed to get into a semi comfortable position. Thank goodness for small mercies, which aren't really so small after all. 

* Poopdicated is our constructed word. Feel free to use it. It's better than plain old pooped, doncha think?

24 comments:

Ed said...

Yes, I just may have to borrow poopdicated.

Catalyst said...

Your description of your sleep problems left me totally poopdicated.

RedPat said...

The shots of Sue turned out so well.

Barbara Rogers said...

I can't count on all my appendages how many times I've had to cancel things due to being poopdicated. And now there's a word for it. You are sterling!

Jeanie said...

I absolutely love that even if you are feeling tired or not great, that you and Sue get out and do photography and find something lovely to enjoy. It really makes me smile. I hope today is a good one for you.

DJan said...

Those are lovely pictures. I too like the first one. And I do hope you continue to get good sleep, it makes all the difference for me.

Tabor said...

I also like the closeup of Jan. She has a lovely smile and her wardrobe is perfect for the brightness of the yellow.

Jenn Jilks said...

That was delightful! You two are a wonderful pair.
Sorry about the sleep issues. I hear you.

Vicki Lane said...

Glad you had one good night! And I love the four white socks of the previous post.

roentare said...

This is a true autumn themed fun shoot.

Debby said...

If you ever crack the secret of a good night's sleep, you need to do a blog post. Tim has had a lot of trouble sleeping since the beginning of the year. He's a tee-totalling preacher's kid, but he has (honest to God) taken to drinking a beer every single night before he goes to bed.

If it continues, I seriously can envision him switching to the hard stuff.

Marie Smith said...

Great shots! Great model!

Margaret said...

What gorgeous colors! We never get that much color here since we have so many evergreens. Love the shots of Sue! Sorry about the sleep. You always hope that a good night will lead to further decent ones, but that's not always the case.

Joanne Noragon said...

I liked the last photo best, with the umbrella on the other side.

Red said...

As a run and shoot photographer, I enjoy your discussion of photography.

dellgirl said...

These photos are beautiful, as usual! I can always count on your blog to captivate me with its awesomeness! I hope all is well with you and yours!

Jinksy said...

Your final image is a great composition - it's easy to appreciate your artist's eye for detail. :-)

Patio Postcards said...

Fun in the leaves. Amazing the gold cast over everything. Right now (Monday) after last night's frost, it is raining leaves. I think I will use poopdicated, just trying to figure out how to weave into a conversation. :)

gigi-hawaii said...

I use a pocket PowerShot Canon, but I think the iPhone seems to have more brilliant colors. Or am I just imagining?

Cloudia said...

Oh I love your photos very much! Very different to what we see in Hawaii. Although we do experience a subtle seasonal change that the locals recognize. I sincerely hope you get the rest. You deserve my friend! Aloha

William Kendall said...

Good shots!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Those bad nights crop up sometimes when you least expect them. It is distressing. Fortunately there is photography for therapy, and yours is therapeutic both for you and for us. Here's to a good night's sleep for both you and your beloved ... xoxo

Kay said...

Sue is such a wonderful model for you. :-)
I did use to love the fall leaves.... until we had to rake them up.

MARY G said...

Second one does it for me. Leaf distribution is longer and the light on the umbrella is better. But, as usual, both winners.