Tuesday, October 03, 2023

A Treat at the Water Treatment Plant

It had been a week since our previous visit, so we returned to Riverside Park to see if there had been much colour change over the past seven days. There is more orange than there was, and the leaves have dropped from the top of the tree, leaving a carpet underneath – or at east a mat.


This ↓ was from a similar angle to last week, but that had been a vertical photo, which liked better.


I could have waited for the orange-shirted boys to clear the frame, but I decided to include them. They were dressed in orange to mark National Truth and Reconciliation Day. So was I, but I do not have a picture to prove it.
The day honours the children who never returned home and Survivors of residential schools, as well as their families and communities. Public commemoration of the tragic and painful history and ongoing impacts of residential schools is a vital component of the reconciliation process.
My best photos were of the glorious trees outside the water treatment plant on the edge of the park. I had never noticed them before, probably because I usually take a different route into the park. Or maybe they were never as impressive as this in the past when I happened to venture by.




Initially, I liked the third image best, but I now think the first is my fave.


16 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Some wonderful photo examples of leaf colour changes. The first photo of the water treatment plant trees is also my first choice.

From yesterday's post, you & Sue have both had a rough go of it in the health department. That is quite scary that you both picked up very serious infections in the hospital. YIKES!

Marie Smith said...

Those trees are impressive in the autumn finery!

Barbara Rogers said...

Loved the trees...sigh, mine also are loosing leaves as fast as they change a little bit. Some don't even bother! I like the boys in the orange shirts being included, so must vote for number one today!

Boud said...

Your fall colors are much more vivid than our muted colors. We don't have the showy sugar maples, stars of the show.

Ed said...

I have given up on taking many a photo because of photo bombers, unintentional or not. I suppose I could go ahead and take the photos and then edit them out but I like knowing that my photos are unadulterated.

Liz Hinds said...

No, I prefer the third one. I've never heard of the Day you mention. Is it peculiar to Canada?

Anvilcloud said...

@Liz: check the next post once I post it.

Margaret said...

The first tree photo is my favorite too. I love the colors!

Catalyst said...

My favorite is the last one.

RedPat said...

Those trees outside of the plant are glorious. Especially with the sun on them.

Granny Sue said...

I like the angles in the last photo, but I think the first one of the water plant has an intriguing moodiness to it. By the way, that building looks pretty impressive. Is it old?

MARY G said...

It is a funny, slow fall this year. I imagine the trees muttering among themselves that it still seems to warm to start turning, so, you do it, naw, maybe tomorrow, hey, joe, drop a few leaves just to encourage the photographers, eh.
Well, sort of like that.

Jeanie said...

You're right -- those are spectacular!

Jenny the Pirate said...

I like the third image best but they're all special. And there is nothing more poignant than leaves on the ground beneath a tree in the fall. Your first shot is so heartrending with both the leaves and an empty bench. xoxo

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful fall colours.