Tuesday, October 03, 2023

Orange for Reconciliation

We talked about this a little yesterday — the orange tee-shirts representing recognition of the treatment of aboriginal people, specifically sending children away to residential schools. That was on Saturday, and that night the bridge was lit in orange. Both of my photos were five-second exposures.


The lighting is still patchy, and they are having trouble getting it fixed. It's too bad because I am sure that the town has paid a bundle for adding this capability to the new bridge.

11 comments:

roentare said...

That is a gorgeous urban reflection!

Marie Smith said...

Beautiful shots, AC. Love them!

Joanne Noragon said...

Nicely done.

The Furry Gnome said...

What a good idea!

MARY G said...

Wow, on the reflections. You know, the cost of those lights could have funded something for a kid in school and struggling.
Nasty of me, I know, but ... our township went nuts on Christmas lighting two years ago and it really annoyed me. Now I grumble at lighting everywhere.

Barbara Rogers said...

That was just the right vantage point. These are great shots.

Margaret said...

Beautiful and meaningful. There are so many tragic stories in this world.

DJan said...

Thank you for allowing me to experience the event, too. Good photos.

Jeanie said...

That bridge is fantastic. How wonderful that they are recognizing this.

Jenny the Pirate said...

WOW those shots are both fabulous but I really really like the second one. Truly gorgeous work. xoxo

William Kendall said...

Beautiful.