Friday, October 13, 2023

One Hour: Two Photoshoots

Every now and then, Sue has a photo prompt to take a picture of where her feet are at a certain time of day. Yesterday, the designated time was 10AM.  Given the season, she decided that her feet should be in leaves, so off to the park we went.

Her idea for the first photo was to take a panorama starting at her feet and sweeping beyond to as far as the river. What a great idea and effect as our shadows became hugely elongated.

(All phone photos.)


Two more conventional points of view. I think she used the second one for her official submission.



Meanwhile, I wanted to get photos of me in a little, near-to-us clump of vegetation, including one colourful tree. I've tried photos of this little patch in other years, but they were always meh. I thought if I inserted me in my redblack jacket, it might be just the ticket. I had been thinking of using a tripod and doing selfies, but since I was already out with Sue, I asked her to take the pictures.



I think they are alright, but I also think this little plot is too busy and scrubby for topnotch photos. Glad I did it though, and now I won't have to wonder in future.







15 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Nice pictures--yours had me humming the Monty Python tune "I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay..."

Marie Smith said...

I especially like the shadow photo. I never think of doing one like that.

Ed said...

Despite knowing that such things exist, I'm always amazed to see the seasonal differences between here and our neighbors to the north. Here, some of the early changing trees are starting to turn colors but very few leaves are on the ground yet. We still have a few weeks to go before I could take a "feet in the leaves" photo.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great leaf photos, and oh yes, the people are pretty nice too!

gigi-hawaii said...

We don't have Autumn in Hawaii, wish we did. Awesome colors!

RedPat said...

I like your pics with the red jacket. The feet in leaves shots are good too. Nice one for Sue's theme.

Catalyst said...

I like the first red jacket photo the most.

roentare said...

It is a good portrait of yourself.

Red said...

Well, I like the second one best as there is no dark patch at the bottom of the shot.

Debby said...

I have the same shoes as Sue! The only thing is that I did not buy the boot style. I bought the sneakers. Same colors. I love the insole.

I also love that shadow picture. Something very touching about it.

Jeanie said...

I like the photos a lot and think they really show off the territory -- except I also think you're right -- they are a little too scrubby for a super portrait. Still, lose seeing your faces ... and feet!

Jenny the Pirate said...

I really like the second one of you. Good job, Sue! xoxo

William Kendall said...

Good shots!

MARY G said...

Another rock shot, this one with the lead lines broken by you. Interesting that you wanted a different focal point. I see why.
Love the first shot with the long light.

Margaret said...

I love photos of shoes in leaves and have taken several of them myself. My John has Merrells whereas I have Keens.