Sunday, October 29, 2023

The Last Autumn Park Visit?

After yet another rainy few days, the skies cleared enough to induce Sue and me to take a stroll in Riverside park. There is a very good chance that it will be our final walk, at least with any autumn colour to see. We used our phones to record our outing. While we were both taking park photos, Sue did take this one of me.


Concentrating on what would probably be my final colour photos of the season, I didn't take any people photos. The fourth photo in this series is of the tree that I showed you a few weeks ago when it was a combination of green and orange. Now, only some orange remains.





Then I switched over to pano crop (16:9) mode, but in edit, I even created a even more extreme crop.




We weren't there long, but whatever sun there had been was pretty much gone by the time we left.

Finally, I am reminded of an autumn photo (the grass is green, and there are a few leaves on the trees) with me and my dad. He was born on this day in 1912 and lived until 1999. It was possibly taken on his birthday in 1947, and I would have been almost two months old. It was a b&w photo which photoshop colorized for me.





21 comments:

Marcia said...

Looks like there was snow on the ground in that photo of you and your dad. A picture to treasure.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a lovely photo from the past.

You do so well with your photo art. Thanks for sharing it.

Barbara Rogers said...

Along the Mississippi, those trees are beautiful. So glad that you could see and capture them again and share here. Your dad and you in that photo are so sweet...and then you grew up and here you are today!

Boud said...

Lovely picture of a proud dad and his baby son.

RedPat said...

Love the old shot of you & your dad.

Vicki Lane said...

These are so beautiful. The sky certainly cooperated!

Granny Sue said...

My favorite, aside from the one of you and your Dad, is that large arching tree branch. Really arresting, AC. I like the one of you too, with the old house in the background.

Kay said...

These are awesome fall photos, John. But I do love that photo of you and your dad. I didn't know Photoshop could colorize your black and white photos. I'm going to check now.

Marie Smith said...

That’s a great old photo! Love the others too. Our leaves are mostly gone now.

Margaret said...

What a treasure-that photo with your dad! I also love the picture with the big tree limb in it. Somehow it captures the essence of the scene for me.

dellgirl said...

Your photos are AWESOME, as usual. I LOVE the beautiful fall colors.

I'm thankful for your visit and the comment you left on my post the other day. Your input inspires me to keep creating and posting content.

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like a nice park to wander through.

Catalyst said...

I like the first photo with the bench. It has a melancholy.

Red said...

Every day there are good photo opportunities.

MARY G said...

Amazing colour! What the computer can do is, for this 20th century hand retoucher, nothing short of bliss.
Speaking of retouching. I love the last park photo, except for the shadow of the big tree that pulls the composition apart. Retouching, for me. But I love them all.
Weirdly, one of our oak trees close to the house shed almost every leaf in a deluge in the breeze on Saturday, and the smaller oak next to it still has every leaf. If you look at the bush now, the different genetic heritages of the oaks really shows. Some are almost clean, others still carrying all their leaves.

roentare said...

Truly memorable autumn scenes. The throwback photo is so warming.

DrumMajor said...

Well, you're so cute, and looking up for the trees even then! Linda in Kansas

Jeanie said...

I think I did my last autumn walk on campus -- at least when it's pretty. Sigh....

Jenny the Pirate said...

AC these are all exceptional but the third one took my breath away. I hope you don't mind that I dragged it to my desktop because before autumn is out, I may use it for my desktop photo. Just because it is so beautiful to look at!!! Right now my desktop photo is of a corgi sitting in an autumnal tree, looking down goofily. But if I get tired of that I will replace it with yours! Just soooooo beautiful. But the wistfulness is there in all of them. Poignant and expressive. Again, I love the empty benches. xoxo

Anvilcloud said...

@Jenny. Thanks so much. Feel free.

William Kendall said...

Lovely colours!