Wednesday, October 04, 2023

Blakeney Rapids, Week Three

Thinking that the colour would be at its peak, I returned to Blakeney for the third week.

This ↓ had been my initial photo on September 16. The colour had begun.



Eight days later ↓ on the 24th, I saw colour across most of the frame with the centre portion looking especially fulsome.


After another eight days, on Monday, October 02, I was somewhat surprised to see that the centre colour had lessened significantly. At the same time, there was more colour at the edges, so I photographed the scene a little wider. Arguably, the two nicest trees are at the extreme edges, and they are reddish, which ya just gotta luv. Those trees weren't even included in the first two photos because they were still green, or close to it.


I took an additional photo this time. I wanted to get that red tree on the right, above, in the crook of the branches of a near tree on the bank. It worked fairly well, but I could have centered it vertically between the branches better. As it is, the red is touching the top branch in that fork, and it would be better if it didn't.


I've never done this kind of sequence before, and I think it was a worthwhile exercise, but the way that the colour is going, I'll probably stop now.

18 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Great series, AC. We are just starting with colour but it looks like the leaves will just dry up and fall off this year. Strange! I hope there is some colour to come! Yours progressed nicely!

DJan said...

It's not the most colorful fall leaves, but pretty nonetheless.

Jenn Jilks said...

Yes, I think we'll be done soon!

Vicki Lane said...

A lovely series--really dialing up the color.

Barbara Rogers said...

Excellent series...and they each are beautiful in their own ways.

Jeanie said...

The sequencing is fantastic. I might try the same here up north, as I'll be here a week or so. We're far behind you but on the way.

Boud said...

The colors are quite subtle this year. Nice sequence.

Margaret said...

It's interesting how the different trees and leaves progress. I think we may be near our peak here since many leaves are now on the ground.

gigi-hawaii said...

I love that red tree, too, as well as the golden ones. You should take a pic of the trees without leaves if possible. That would be cool.

Cloudia said...

This was very worthwhile and very enjoyable. Thank you Aloha!

RedPat said...

I think the drought and the warm temperatures are really having an effect on the leaf change. There seem to be some brilliant yellows here but the reds are very subtle.
The 2 red trees act as a nice frame for your shot.

Tabor said...

Composing fall photos is hard because there is so much in so many places.

roentare said...

Fabulous scenes with autumn leaves.

Marcia said...

Nice to see the progression. I see it with my eyes here now. Some of it seems to happen overnight but I know that can't be possible.

Red said...

You did catch some very vivid colors. Great fall scenes.

MARY G said...

A lot of leaves are down here, but there are still lots on the trees. Today was gorgeous, if hot.
I love your series; splendid idea and very well executed.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I agree that the reds are wonderful. I really like that last shot but I agree that if you'd moved a tad to the left to separate the top of the red tree from the overhanging branch, that might have been better. xoxo

William Kendall said...

Beautiful colours.