Thursday, October 26, 2023

Miscellaneous Photos on a Rainy Day

I was driving to the library in the light rain when I pulled over. There is a row of trees between the road and a ditch that caught my eye, as it has done before. I had always driven past, but on this Wednesday, I stopped. I wouldn't have bothered with my Canon, at least not in that weather, but my little phone was handy, so I decided to give it a try. It would only take a minute or two. I clicked, and that was that, for this wasn't the day for photos.


But it's not too bad, eh, with leaves both on the trees and on the ground.

At the library, I thought it would be cute to photograph an orange car under the orange trees. But something about the photo bugs me. (Bug, as in VW Beetle, get it? 😜)


And then I took another photo of the trees beyond the orange car. The cars behind were gathered for the church's Wednesday, free lunch. One church provides a free breakfast every week while this one (that you can't really see in the picture) does a lunch.


By this time, I had caught the spirit and was ready to show you more photos on the way home. I drove to the little, back bridge and found an interesting yellow tree. I had photographed this tree last winter, and it was a pretty good photo — better than these, but I am just showing you around at this point. Of course, that is our unMighty 😎😁 Mississippi river in the second photo.



I made one more photostop at a vacant lot behind a gas station.


Finally (phew!), I turned the camera (phone) to the left from the above photo to capture the little road that leads down to the river, just around that bend in the distance. I didn't follow it on this day, although I have done so before.


So, there you have it: seven photos from AC just driving around town on a rainy, autumn day. As you have seen, some nice colour remains, but most of it will not last very much longer. Too bad, so sad.


18 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

You got some nice results from your side trip. My favourites are photo #4 & #5, down by the river.

Marcia said...

Your colors are brighter than the photos I took yesterday with my iPhone.

Barbara Rogers said...

What great photos...and I love seeing tree leaves about equal to ground leaves. Caught a moment in time! Glad you're doing spur of the moment photos with your phone. Much easier than tripods and zoom lenses on the back of the photographer too!

Margaret said...

You have such beautiful colors! It's getting cold here so I expect that our leaves will quickly turn.

Jeanie said...

That red car is a perfect contrast! I love your color!

RedPat said...

You captured some great colours on a dull day. I like that 1st shot with the leaves on the ground.

Red said...

You were lucky on that day as many photo opportunities were right there.

MARY G said...

The birch and oak are starting to come down, so, yeah, it's over. All but the raking.

roentare said...

These leaves would not be the same in the following year. They come and they go.

Vicki Lane said...

These are wonderful I don't get tired of autumn because I know hao soon it will be gone.

Catalyst said...

The first photo is the best, in my decidedly unprofessional opinion.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I love the fall color against a gray sky. And I love a rainy day. I think of all these, I prefer the one of the yellow tree hanging over rushing water! xoxo

The Furry Gnome said...

I do like the one of the tree and river!

Marie Smith said...

Nice shot for a rainy day, AC.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Orange you glad you went for a ride on a rainy autumn day? Pun was intentional but the photos were lovely.

Jinksy said...

Absolutely loved the two yellow tree photos, the first because of the splayed trunk and branches, and the second because of the extra textures of cloud, rocks and water..
My artistic mind is wallowing in the delight- so much so, that I have to scroll back to look again, a.s.a.p.! lol

Kay said...

Wow! I absolutely loved seeing all these amazing photos. I know we just missed the Illinois colors by one or two weeks.

William Kendall said...

Lovely colours!