Thursday, October 05, 2023

Blakeney Beyond the Rapids

Beyond the little recreational area at Blakeney, there are just a few houses, and I looked around a bit.

I had noticed this bent tree in passing on several occasions, but this time, I stopped for a photo.


I had passed by previously because I thought that the house would ruin the photo, but I don't think it does.

I moved a little closer ↓ to separate the tree from the framing trees, but that loses the top of those trees. Sigh: outdoor photography is what it is, and one must accept its limitations.


I do like them both ↑ and could remove wires and signs should I decide to print either one. If I were to do that, and I probably won't, which image would you choose?

A little farther along, I spotted a stand of colourful trees. The light was glary, and they look too saturated for my taste, but I include it, so you can seen how much colour there is at the moment.

I took another photo ↓ of two colourful trees beyond a fence.


Then I found another fence and composition a little farther along the road. I like this ↓ composition a little more. I think centering the tree beyond that little gate or gap was a good idea, and the two trees on the edges provide a bit of a frame.


The bright blue skies in all of these photos are not conducive to taking the very best photos, but, once again, one does what one can when one can.


23 comments:

gz said...

That tree has a bit of a lean...and a split crown...but it is still going for it!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

While I have not commented on the previous autumnal posts, all have been read and enjoyed, AC. The bent tree is actually my favorite in the serious. The colors have not yet peaked in our area, but with this week’s warm temps and expected weekend rain that may change by next week.

Liz Hinds said...

Such gorgeous hues.

DJan said...

Beautiful trees with great fall colors.

Boud said...

The first one I think is the best composition, with the curving road carrying the eye up and then around the trees. Nice.

Granny Sue said...

Agree with Boud, the first one is my favorite.

RedPat said...

I like the 1st shot best too.

Margaret said...

I would choose the first one. There is something magical about the road curving away in that one.

Marie Smith said...

My favourite is the first photo but I love all of these.

Damselfly said...

I like the first photo best, as is with wires & signs.
The colorful stands of trees are lovely also.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I love the first photo, and the house adds to it I think. Beautiful fall colors....I am so glad the season is finally here!

Jeanie said...

It looks like color is peaking there -- it's really gorgeous! And that tree is fascinating!

roentare said...

All look nice. The first shot is most outstanding

Red said...

Well done. I really like the last photo.

Marcia said...

That nice stand of trees is a good photo. Great manifestation of what fall looks like there.

DB Stewart said...

Beauties. Eventually we're all just bent trees, aren't we?

Debby said...

I agree with Boud.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Yes one certainly does and you have done admirably. I like saturation in photos. Of your two bent-tree pics I cannot really decide but if I have to, I guess I would choose the second one. Then I would edit to make the subject tree pop even more. I like the blue roof. xoxo

Barbara Rogers said...

I'll vote for either of the bent tree, which has a great balance of the road curving away the other direction. The only one I don't absolutely love is the straight line of trees over the grass. The rest...oh yes yes yes!

Joanne Noragon said...

The first tree picture. Great framing.

Damselfly said...

The first photo is my favorite of the two. And I'd keep the wires & signs if the photo was printed.
Have a lovely weekend.

MARY G said...

I'm with the commenters who chose the first photo. I like the tree frame on the top and agree that the house, etc, should be there. Since the road is a man-made item, others are appropriate.
Quit dismissing the bright blue sky. We should enjoy it while we can. But I agree that the bright sky and sun drains the colour subtlety from the trees.

William Kendall said...

That lean in the tree is part of its appeal.