Tuesday, May 11, 2021

When the Tulips Shone Briefly

For too long is has been too windy, too cold, too rainy, or even all of the above to photograph much of anything, including our tulips. There was a brief cessation of the above conditions for about a half hour one morning last week — a morning when I was actually up, out, and about. I took the opportunity to nab my camera, affix the macro lens, and squeeze off a few shots.

Orange flowers with that ragged edge

Another group of orange tulips

A lonely yellow flower that I thought shouldn't be ignored

There were a couple of muted pink ones. I cropped to a single flower.
I think this is my fave, even though it took cropping to achieve.

17 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

There seems to be a show of tulips in every garden around here. It is all very colourful and lovely.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

There has been so many windy days here that so many tulips have been blown away. Your captures were wonderful to see, John.

Vicki Lane said...

All are beautiful! I had one solitary red tulip this year-- the voles or something eat the bulbs and I've quit planting them.

Ed said...

You should get into time lapse photography. It has been on my list of hobbies to experiment with but keeps being bumped in favor of other hobbies that need my attention.

gigi-hawaii said...

Lovely shots. I wish tulips grew in Hawaii.

William Kendall said...

They are pretty! I've been photographing them in the city.

Margaret said...

Beautiful tulips and light on them. I have a weakness for orange.

Barbara Rogers said...

I like number 2, and with my cataracts, they look beautiful and red. Whatever they're called, thanks for catching them and sending them out to the universe including me.

Marcia said...

Beautiful portraits of tulips. I'm still waiting for mine to bloom.

Mage said...

I love number 2.

Marie Smith said...

These are perfect photos!

DJan said...

They are all lovely. I do like the last one, very much.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice photos! We grow no Tulips because of the squirrels.

Debby said...

The tulip pictures are wonderful. Sometimes when I see pictures like yours, I feel as if I am missing a lot of details in my life. I need to look around me more closely, I think. Thanks for the reminder.

Joanne Noragon said...

The middle pictures with the curled over petals are the best.

MARY G said...

Top shot topa for me - love the shape and the colour pop.

Kay said...

These are gorgeous! I just love the light shining through.