Saturday, May 22, 2021

Compensatory Blooms

I returned to the spot where I encountered the deer a few days previously. This time, I was ready with the right camera and lens, but the deer had other ideas. Drat their ornery hides.

While waiting inside the car with the windows rolled up in an effort to hide from the biters, I would occasionally exit and take a quick pic of blooming things. Nothing too special, just something to do while I waited in vain for the critters to amble by.




In the rearview mirror I could see a lilac bush doing its spring thing. That was worth a pic too.

On the way out, I stopped for another pic of the lilacs. The gap leads to an abandoned and crumbling structure that I once visited. I should visit again but not in high bug season.

One closeup to end the outing.


Although I missed the deer, the blooms were of some compensation.




16 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Beautiful photos. What a gift from nature. The first & third are photos that could be part of a calendar collection. I enjoy the scent of lilacs & cannot wait for mine to be big enough to bloom. I saw a lone deer in the farmer's field, but like your darn beasts, this one wouldn't wait either for a photo to be taken!

Ed said...

When hunting deer for photograph purposes, be aware of the wind. If you are looking at where you hope to photograph them, the wind should be in your face. If the breeze is blowing at your back, chances are the deer smelled you long before you could see them and gave you a wide berth. Wind at your back also carries any sound your make further.

Barbara Rogers said...

Love the way you capture close ups (macros?) of flowers. Sorry the deer didn't cooperate...try another morning. I think they are up with the sun...after all that's their alarm clock!

Mara said...

Scrolled back to see more of your photos. Fell in love with the little robin taking a bath.

Oh, and happy belated anniversary to you and Sue. That pizza looks yummy, but that is mainly because there aren't any mushrooms on it, which I loathe!

Karen said...

My lilacs should be full out by the end of the weekend. They smell beautiful but give me a headache.

Margaret said...

I love lilacs and the flower photos are beautiful. They are actually much more interesting to me than deer, which I see frequently. :)

Celia said...

Beautiful. The first one is my favorite. Keep 'em coming.

gigi-hawaii said...

Too bad the deer did not cooperate, but those flowers are very pretty.

Red said...

Your lilacs are really at their max so some good things for photos

Mage said...

I am so enjoying your posies this year. Thank you.

Vicki Lane said...

So beautiful--our blooms are fading quickly as the temperature rises.

William Kendall said...

Lilacs are so photogenic.

The Furry Gnome said...

Sorry about the uncooperative deer.

Joanne Noragon said...

All those flowers and my nose itches.

Marie Smith said...

Your trees are two weeks ahead of ours. Gorgeous blooms.

Kay said...

I miss seeing those bouquets of lilacs blooming on the roadsides in spring.