Monday, May 10, 2021

A Quick Hit From Mother's Day

Another Mother's Day, another quick meeting by the garage, and off they went.

As usual, Sue set up the table upon which a gift was laid. They stepped back, and Sue opened the gift.



It was a surprise box: a surprise even to Shauna, except for one thing that she insisted be included — the dish towel. Said towel is made to actually fasten over the stove handle without resorting to additional fasteners like the clips that we use. Both Sue and Sha are quite taken with it. I mean, doesn't everybody hang their dish towel over the stove handle? What a neat idea! I can't help but wonder why no one thought of it before — or did anything about it if they did. Who knows? Maybe there are thousands hanging on stoves out there, but this is the first that I have seen.


Danica wore a cute shirt, similar to my tartan pattern which I showed you not long ago, but here is  my photo again.


Before we parted after our quick reunion, I grabbed my hat and took a couple a snaps of Danica. This is what such an outfit can look like on a good-looking person.



I was restricted from other family photos for certain reasons on this occasion, so that is all you get this time.

18 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Looks like a fun Mother's Day celebration. Your Granddaughter does rock the plaid.

Marcia said...

Didn't know Canada celebrated Mother's Day on the same day.

Son in law was the cook for the night for daughter and I to celebrate here. Lovely meal also enjoyed by my husband and granddaughters. An after dinner walk topped the evening.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lovely gifts for Sue and you and Danica looked good in the matching plaids. Our kitchen towels are hung from the cabinet by the sink with over the door holders.

Barbara Rogers said...

Geat pics of plaid folks...gotta love the Scottish in you! I particularly like the gorgeous rose. Glad you all had a short gathering! And Sue has more flowers to look forward to! The florists were slammed yesterday.

Ed said...

I have found that females can rock a lot more things than us old guys. Perhaps that is compensation for getting the long end of the birthing experience stick.

MARY G said...

You are both just so fine in your plaids.
I have hand towels with a strap and button that secures to the stove door handle. Works well as we wash our hands in the kitchen a lot. I drape the dishcloth over the handle - JG drapes it over the sink faucet. It falls off in both places once it dries. More info on this one with the fastener. please. Sounds like a plan.
Sending belated Happy Mother and Grandmother's Day wishes to Sue. Looks as if she had some goodies and a visit, anyway.

PipeTobacco said...

We hang our dish towel over the hand of our dishwasher as it is closer to our sink than our oven..... but we DO like the idea of one with a snap!

As always.... the plaids look great (on both of you), and it reminds me to wear more of my plaids...... and to keep searching to find some plaid caps!

PipeTobacco

Margaret said...

You both look good, although Danica looks more like a model! I hang my towel over the stove handle, but have fasteners sown onto other towels to hang them on the knob by the sink. (thanks to my mom!)

Marie Smith said...

The tartan certainly suits Danica but then again, anything would look great on her.

Mage said...

Looking good despite the restrictions. :)

Vicki Lane said...

Danica is so lovely!

Red said...

The pandemic has made us be creative to celebrate Mother's day.

Kay said...

What fabulous gifts Sue got for Mother's Day. I can't believe you have a cap, shirt and MASK that match. That is so darn awesome!!! And Danica can match you too. Too amazing!

The Furry Gnome said...

She looks god in it!

Rita said...

Looking good!
I have a towel hanging over my oven handle right now--LOL!
Happy Mother's Day! :)

Mara said...

We have never had towels hanging off the oven door handle or cooker handle. We usually have them either hanging from hooks in their 'designated' space or over the central heating unit which is right next to the cooker.

William Kendall said...

Looks like you had fun.

I keep a dish towel hanging from a cabinet handle over my sink.

DJan said...

Lovely plaid pictures! And our dish towel hangs from the fridge handle. :-)