Sunday, May 02, 2021

Springing

Spring flowers are in bloom. Even the tulips have begun to flower. Of course, this means that others have peaked or are even in decline. Weather hasn't been kind lately. It has been too windy or too rainy to photograph the flowers, and I have been late to the spring flower party, which has largely gone on without me.

Even on the day when I forced myself out, it was completely overcast and still windy, but I ventured forth regardless, intrepid soul that I am.

My first stop was to a nice setting on a nearby street. To tell the truth, the blossoms were either in decline or just having a bad time in the conditions, so I did enhance the colour. Photography can sometimes be like painting where you paint what you want a scene to look like.

I really like this setting and have photographed it before and may again someday.

From there, I drove to the park where I had to lie down on the job, so to speak. The ground was still wet from the rain of the previous day, and I had just put on clean clothes. Oh well, needs must.


After driving home, I checked the neighbour's garden across the street. I isolated two orangy tulips against the heather in the background.

It was good enough, all things considered.



18 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Lovely shots! Our daffodils are gone but here come the iris! Ah, May!

Mara said...

We still have some daffodils, but it mostly tulips now. And of course the leaves on the trees. Every day it all becomes greener here.

Love your tulip photos. But then again, I may be biased...

Shammickite said...

We all need that shot of spring colour in the flowers.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh I'm so glad you found some beautiful blossoms to capture...and congrats on getting down at daffodil and tulip level! And getting back up again!

Margaret said...

As you know, I love flower shots! Orange is one of my favorite colors for any plants. Our daffs are long gone, as are most of the tulips. I'm now waiting on the bearded iris and my very late blooming rhododendron.

Marie Smith said...

The colourful blooms this time of year are so welcome. You are weeks ahead of us!

Mage said...

Thank you for these lovely glimpses of spring.

Christina said...

That's some effort, lying on the ground for a photo. I always want to take close ups of snow drops early in the year but I never do because they are very close to the ground and I am too lazy to go down on my knees.

DJan said...

Wonderful shots, every one. I do like the tulips the best, though.

William Kendall said...

Very pretty!

The Furry Gnome said...

Such wonderful harbingers of spring!

Doris Potter said...

Glorious photos!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lying on the ground is not something I can easily accomplish, so kuidos to you because you managed it and some lovely shots as a result. The tulips are lovely.

Rita said...

They were worth the damp clothes! ;)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Now that was worth getting out for! Even on a windy, cool day it's good to be outdoors.

MARY G said...

Just as long as you can get up again to get inside and edit. Good show!!!!

Debby said...

All things considered, this is a wonderful post. Those life saver books? My teachers generally got one at Christmas.

Ed said...

I really love that first scene too! The picture is beautiful with the enhancements. I can only imagine what it looked like in peak bloom.