Saturday, May 08, 2021

Hugs and a Trim

Our friend, Linda, changes the sign to her property every now and then or at least has been since the dreaded unowat descended upon us. You may have a vague recollection of previous posts. I'll post a few of those at the end, but first, I will show you the new pics. Sue set the staging to suit the sign.


Meanwhile, I am afraid that I had to go against Pipe Tobacco's advice and trim my beard. A wild beard just didn't seem to be me, and mine was very wild. It was about 3x longer than it looked with the double curl under my chin. So, after almost 4 months, I felt that it had to be tamed.

It was too long and thick for my beard trimmer, so Sue applied scissors. It is still longer and fuller (ie less shaped) than previous versions of my beard, and I think I will be okay with it. If not, it can be trimmed a little more. To this end, I have ordered a new trimmer that I think will allow me to keep it a bit longer than I did before.

I took a phone selfie if the trimmed beard and edited it in phone. It is a tad overexposed.


Sue doesn't approve when I don't smile for a selfie, but I find it easier not to, and I don't mind looking serious. I will smile for regular photos, but maybe a selfie requires too much concentration. for my overtaxed brain.

Now for previous iterations of us at Linda's changing signage. You may notice how Sue makes sure that we try to catch the spirit of the sign.






18 comments:

MARY G said...

Those are most elaborate signs. How is she doing it? And I am most impressed by both the signage and your staging. Fun. I feel as if we have been lacking that more than most other things. And your daily doings are most cheering. Have I thanked you lately for being here? If not, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Anvilcloud said...

@Mary G. She has a local print/sign shop make them up. This is our councillor, Linda S, who is terrifically community-minded. By doing the sign, she both supports the company but also does a little something for community spirit.

Marty said...

That would be a fun neighbor to have. You two are no slouches, either.

Vicki Lane said...

Good job on the beard!

Barbara Rogers said...

You all are so cute! Love the sign photos! And the beard did come out great! Double win.

Marcia said...

Great signs all!

I'm glad I only have to worry about the hair on my head.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like your friend, Linda, has a nice iron fence to hang those signs and nice to see the various ones and your two as well.

William Kendall said...

Well done with the beard.

Bindu said...

That selfie looks serious
I like the signs she makes.

DJan said...

I think your beard looks perfect right now. Too bad it still has to grow, but this version looks quite good. And I LOVE the fun you are having with Linda's signage. All in all, a lot of fun was had by all, and now you're expanding it to your readers. :-)

The Furry Gnome said...

Well that does look distinguished!

Debby said...

You look as if you are about to open a van of whupass.

Joanne Noragon said...

A lovely retrospective.

Margaret said...

I love those signs and the way you are dressed to support them. I don't like serious photos of myself; I look angry and jowly. I would like to grow a beard to cover the jowls--no luck so far.

Rita said...

I love your sign shots!
I think your beard looks better trimmed, but that's just me. It didn't bother me long, either. You looked wildly covid isolationistic. ;)

Jenn Jilks said...

The beard looks good! I need a haircut...
Sue would be great doing staging! Well done.

Kay said...

You look very nice in your trimmed beard. On my son however.... well... I wish he'd shave it all off.
You and Sue are such a fun couple. I love all those photos of you next to the signs.

Marie Smith said...

Great to see you in the spirit of the signs.