Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Movie Town

Our area has become a draw for movies of the Hallmark type. It seems that there are one or two productions per year.

Back in February, I posted here that Mel Gibson was in town . The movie, Fatman. "is scheduled to be released in the United States in select theaters on November 13, 2020." (Wikipedia)

There is now another movie being filmed, and on Friday, Sue got a message from a friend that we should go by a certain house and take pictures, for it had been done up with snow.

Trucks and cars lined the street.


Even the yard at the side was decorated.


I squeezed between vehicles to get a shot of the whole house. I was so close that I had to take two shots to merge together later.


I posted them on our local FB photo group. "Snow appeared in the rain today on Hawthorne St."

I guess that was too cryptic, but I didn't think it needed explanation as filming movies hereabouts is not a new thing. Some comments:
why isn't there snow on the roofs???

Shoot me now

WTF? I am not sure where Hawthorne Street is, but I didn’t get snow in my corner of town. Did it happen anywhere else? 
I had to explain. Really.

Anyway ... they did ask me if I was the photographer, which, of course, I wasn't. Then they simply asked me not to take pictures of the cast when they came out. Well, it was raining, and I wasn't about to hang around, so that was no problem.



That evening, there was quite a remarkable sunset. Sue took this with her phone from the bedroom as it was beginning to fade.


12 comments:

DJan said...

That's funny about the snow in the rain. And yes, that last picture is stunningly beautiful! :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

The real sunset was pretty...and the snowy house did look strange that they didn't bother with the roof of th porch. I guess Sue caught you through the car window! Cute. Next we know, you'll be in the movies!

PipeTobacco said...

That is pretty neat. I knew Canada was a popular site for locations the last few years. Your area must be quite picturesque and sets a good mood.

PipeTobacco

gigi-hawaii said...

Beautiful shots! As you know, Hawaii draws many movie producers too. Lots of movies shot in Hawaii. But, of course, no artificial snow. Haha

Marie Smith said...

It always looks like fake snow in those Hallmark movies. Now there’s proof!

Margaret said...

That last photo is stunning! The fake snow in movies is so very obvious to me, but probably required in those Hallmark Xmas films. (which I don't watch) Now I'm wondering if there are any of those types of movies filmed in hot places like Arizona. Probably not the same ambiance. That's cool that many movies are filmed there; you must have scenic houses and scenery in your beautiful corner of Canada! When my older daughter lived on the Upper West Side of NYC, there was often filming around her, mostly of Law and Order: SVU.

Joanne Noragon said...

Are you the photographer? What did they think you were?

Jenn Jilks said...

Your town has been in the news for many things, lately!

Red said...

Looks like you've got some miserable rainy weather.

Rita said...

The snow in the rain is just funny.
Stunning sunset!!

Kay said...

So... Is it real snow that they just made somehow, or fake fake snow of some other material because if it's fake real snow, wouldn't it just melt really quickly? If it's fake fake snow, what could they make it with?

William Kendall said...

A stunning final shot.

I'm definitely assuming that film must be one of the Hallmark Christmas movies, the sort that pretty much has one single plot.