Thursday, October 15, 2020

Rambling into the Hinterland

The previously posted autumn rambles took place on Friday. Saturday was not conducive for travel, but Sunday was one of the few days in what seems like forever without high velocity winds. There were also sunny times as the sun and clouds took turns dominating the sky.

Drawn by fb posts of an obscure rural cemetery, we headed off in a new-for-us direction. It is not that far away, but we hadn't yet travelled some of these backroads.

We were about to turn off the highway onto county road 15 when Sue spied an unusual fence from her passenger window. I don't know all of what is going on here, but whatever it is, they were not finished as there was more work being done off to the lower right. I thought that work in progress wouldn't  benefit the photo, so my angle was rather restricted. For whatever reason, I decided to convert to mono but keep the [selective] colour in the flowers (mums).


After awhile on #15 we made a right turn onto Upper Perth Road at Ferguson's Falls. There was colour to be seen, and I stopped for a few quick photos, but this is the only keeper. I just take quick photos on rambles such as this and am disappointed by many. This one with the fence, however, I like well enough.


From there we turned onto a more rural road called Miller.


Finally, we were on our destination road, 10B in Lanark Highlands Township. As befits the highlands, the road was hilly and picturesque in places.


We don't see many abandoned buildings hereabouts, or at least I don't, but there was an abandoned place or two on 10B, including this barn.


We did find the little cemetery, but I would have easily missed it from the driver's seat. There was a little farm-style gate with the cemetery somewhat beyond, but I will leave the rest for another post.

Tennant Family Burial Ground



13 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

AC:

Beautiful colors! We too have been having enormous winds. Difficult running.

PipeTobacco

DJan said...

Wonderful pictures filled with fall colors. I went walking in what turned out to be a scary venture, with branches falling around me with high winds. I escaped with my life but won't do that again.

Barbara Rogers said...

Beautiful scenery, Those mums at the base of a pile of hay remains a mystery. I hope you fine out when construction is done..what they had in mind!

Marcia said...

Was that fence made of hay bales? Lovely roads and scenes too. I'm curious about the cemetery.

gigi-hawaii said...

Beautiful fall foliage. Something you won't see in Hawaii. By the way, that lasagna looks very good. I would like to have a bite of it.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The colours really seem to be exceptionally splendid this year.

Margaret said...

Those fall colors are beautiful! I especially like the photos with the fence and the barn. We have next to nothing here. (too early?) Our winds have been powerful lately too which is common for October.

Mage said...

Oh, what fun.

Jenn Jilks said...

That fence, with the hay bales, really surprised me when I saw it.
I have had hay built into pyramids, and they don't last through the winter! You must keep an eye on it for me! I am curious.

Marie Smith said...

These colours are spectacular. We are missing them this year.

Rita said...

Fantastic fall photos!
I wonder if that one with the haybales is a form of a snow fence? Love the way you left the flowers colored like that.
Be waiting to see the cemetery. :)

Joanne Noragon said...

Some beautiful photos here.

Kay said...

OH MY GOSH! These are absolutely fabulous. The colors just pop out at you. LOVE every one of them. Thank you so much for sharing fall with us.