Saturday, October 24, 2020

Caturday 24: DeFEETed

Due to allergies amongst sometime guests, we keep Lacey out of the guest room. We have a barricade that while it would not present that formidable an obstacle for most cats, our Lacey is a middle-aged lady with a certain amount of girth. So it works.

But I go in and out at various times, and she absolutely loves to nonchalantly wander in after me. On rare occasions I forget about her. This happened in my post way back in August 2019 when she found a spot just just behind the pillows.


Since that time, she has been only effectively shut inside a few times, but we were alerted by her plaintiff meows. It must have been dinner time.

Not this time though, for there were no meows. Instead, there was utter contentment. 

I had seen her wander in after me, but then I forgot about her for awhile. Sometime later, it occurred to me that I had done that, so I went looking for her.

She almost pulled it off but, alas, was defeeted, so to speak.




Sue inconsiderately lifted the blanket and interrupted her sweet reverie.



17 comments:

troutbirder said...

That's one smart and elusive cat's clinician point

Marcia said...

So neat how she hid under the blanket to avoid detection or just to snuggle.

Jenn Jilks said...

That is wonderful!
We have the same situation, trying to keep cats out of the guest room.

DJan said...

She looks like a very contented middle-aged lady, all right. Adorable, too! :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

Such a sweet lady...though she certainly knows how to scowl for the camera! The feet definitely make a cute picture, knowing just what's going on1

Margaret said...

What a sweet kitty! I love how they "hide." If I can't see you, you can't see me, right? :)

gigi-hawaii said...

Yes, I am allergic to cat dander, too. Cute cat.

Marie Smith said...

That cat sure loves that place. Can’t blame her for hiding out. It’s the best way to get an uninterrupted nap.

Kay said...

Oh gosh! Too funny. But a little dangerous since she could be in danger of being sat on?

Mage said...

Delightful.

Joanne Noragon said...

Oh, they are so clever.

dellgirl said...

Pets, like toddlers . . . they never cease to amaze me!Such a joy! Wishing you all the Best! Stay Safe, my friend!

Doris Potter said...

Love those feet sticking out. A nice post to make one smile.

Rita said...

So cute!
Cats. Gotta love-em! :)

Christina said...

Oh sweet Lacey, you nearly tricked your humans. Our cats like to hide away in the t-shirt section of our wardrobe, I often find hairy t-shirts but never the cats, clever things slink away before I spot them.

William Kendall said...

Cats will be cats.

Debby said...

When my Paddy-Paws gets accidently shut upstairs, she roams around for a while, maybe takes a nap. When she is ready to be reunited with her food bowl, she knocks on the door until one of us open it for her.