Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Shauna's Lasagna

Shauna brought over a treat for dinner on actual Thanksgiving Day, Monday.


The lasagna was most excellent, mostly following the recipe that Sue used for many a year, but with a few little tweaks, such as substituting ricotta for some of the cottage cheese in Sue's recipe.

It was scrumptious, and by exercising a modicum of control, we had enough for a second meal. The wine will keep for another day.

There was some food exchange involved. Earlier, we had given her a apple crisp (pie), and we also passed on two slices of the pumpkin cheesecake from the restaurant turkey meal, which we didn't like a whole lot. I don't love pumpkin, and cheesecake is not Sue's fave. 

We did use the turkey for sandwiches at lunch yesterday, and we will get one more full dinner out of it tonight.

All in all both the food and outings have been pretty good. Brace yourselves, for there are two more rambles to come before I am done with autumn colour posts, if indeed I am done then. You just never know. Eh?



12 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Such a lovely gift!

DJan said...

It looks and sounds like a perfect time! I love lasagna, and that batch looks especially good. Glad you had such as great Thanksgiving celebration. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

Good looking lasagna...I've got ingredients waiting to make a spinach lasagna...hope today is the day. The spinach is/was once fresh. I'm looking forward to some more good photos from you! You never fail!

Margaret said...

I LOVE lasagna so that looks delicious. I think trading off food is a great way to have a treat since we're not eating out much these days. What is an apple crisp pie? I adore apple crisp but have never had it as a pie.

William Kendall said...

I do love lasagna.

Joanne Noragon said...

How sweet. It does look gook.

Red said...

Sounds like you're eating well.

Rita said...

Looks like one delicious Thanksgiving to me! :)

Mage said...

We never know. :)

MARY G said...

YUM!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I think that red would have paired well with the lasagna.

Kay said...

That’s so wonderfully thoughtful of Shauna. The lasagne looks scrumptious and being able to have it for two nights make it even better.