Saturday, October 10, 2020

After Breakfast

After our lovely 6 degree breakfast of the previous post, we went on a little drive. Although there has been much leaf fall, quite a bit of colour remains.

First we drove along the road where I took the pics in the rain just last week. You may recall this photo.

Below: one week later (Friday to Thursday), there are fewer leaves, but it is still more than I had thought there would have been after some very windy weather.


I am surprised by the difference in the two photos. The earlier rainy day photo was very saturated. The second photo, taken on an otherwise much nicer day, doesn't look as vibrant. In future, I must try to remember how nice saturated rainy day photos can be.

We continued on to a conservation area where I found one or two good photo ops, but there had most certainly been much leaf fall as you will be able to see in the next photos.

As we walked the path by the river, I saw a nice tree overhanging the far bank, so I kept walking until I could find a spot by the river to shoot back toward the tree. I am very happy with this one.


I like the next one too. I shot from the same spot as above but just zoomed in more.


On our way back to the car, I found leaves quite well backlit with a little cabin behind.




11 comments:

DJan said...

Very nice. I love the carpet of leaves in the two next to last photos. You have lots much of your leaves already and we are just now starting to. :-)

Jenn Jilks said...

Good for you!
Happy thanksgiving to you and yours!
My daughter's FIL came up from Florida to visit. They told him not to. He is jeopardizing our bubble. They are only visiting outdoors, wearing masks.
My 10-year-old granddaughter had to tell him, "Grampa, you need to wear your mask properly!" Some living in the US really don't get it, nor do some, like our MPP.
I recall all the Thanksgivings I was alone, with no one, the kids at their dad's house. They were the darkest days.

Barbara Rogers said...

How brief this beautiful season is. I'm glad you found such beautiful areas to capture it. My favorite has the little bridge over the river in the distance. Loved to see the leaves that must have just fallen because they are still so colorful!

Margaret said...

Love all the photos! Fall is such a beautiful season although fleeting. You are way ahead of us in your colors. (not that we get that many)

Vicki Lane said...

Oh, my! They are all beautiful and I especially like the last one. Our color is only just beginning.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The rocks carpeted by the fall leaf colors is a favorite of mine as well, John. We are hoping to get out for a walk this weekend as the city park was not at peak earlier in the week, but hopefully will be soon. I also want to walk in a favorite local cemetery which has some beautiful trees and great headstones.

Kay said...

Wow! Those are spectacular fall colors. I sure do miss seeing the change of seasons.

Marie Smith said...

These are gorgeous. It’s hard to pick a favourite.

Joanne Noragon said...

All nice shots.

Rita said...

The brilliance of color changes so rapidly in the fall. All these photos are just gorgeous. :)

Doris Potter said...

All great pictures! Fall colours really lift my spirits.