Thursday, October 22, 2020

Park and Trail

Thursday already, and here I am posting about our park visit last Saturday. Posts accumulate at certain times of the year when much is going on, such as fall colour. But a long long winter is coming when such may not be the case.

In the morning, Sue and I went for a slow walk in the nearby park and for a little bit along the trail.

Just about the enter the park.


Very near the entrance.



There was a certain resplendent tree.



Along the wooded trail, which would begin to the left of the two above photos, there were a few gaps. I took this through one of them.


Later, along the trail, there was a spot where we could get down to the water. Leaves were floating past.


It was a pleasant outing, and that was the day when we also met Sha and the kids in the park later in the afternoon (which I have already posted). The next day, we had planned to go on what would probably have been our final colour excursion, but the weather was terrible and has pretty much remained that way.






9 comments:

Marcia said...

Some lovely photos, again! I have many but feel like I've overloaded the fall photos. In other news we put an offer on a small house in Cornish Flat. Will hear today if accepted.

Barbara Rogers said...

Lovely...and your fall leaves are still there...a surprise to me. So glad you all had that walk before meeting your family...and that you took these photos. Yes, weather does dictate our outings no matter where we may be.

Margaret said...

I love photos taken through gaps and sort of framed by tree branches. It's like looking out into a secret world. As a child I was fascinated by those sugar eggs that had scenes inside them. I try not to let the weather hold me back, but it isn't very enticing to go out in the rain. A cold but clear day is OK, although our cold is probably not your cold. :)

gigi-hawaii said...

Very beautiful park you have there.

Marie Smith said...

We are getting past peak colour here in places. By the time we found the colour it was near gone. These photos are gorgeous AC. You made the most of a great day.

Joanne Noragon said...

These pictures are grand.

DJan said...

Such brilliant leaves! I really like that first reflection.

William Kendall said...

Beautifully illuminated.

Vicki Lane said...

Wow! Beautiful shots!