Friday, October 23, 2020

One Tree in the Cemetery

At this point of autumn, it becomes unlikely that one would find big, colourful scenes. But there are trees and smaller scenes that can be found.

Tuesday has pretty well been the only day this week when the weather wasn't terrible. Sue was busy doing some chores, so I took the camera to the cemetery for a few minutes where there was one tree still looking might fine. I suppose there was more than one, but only one seemed to be in a good position, photographically speaking. I ended up photographing it from different angles. 

This was the first composition that presented itself to me.

I drove off to the left of the above frame to get on the other side of the tree, but on my way, I stopped to photograph it from this angle. You may notice that the tree looks more yellow than orange from this side. I thought that looking down the rows in the other photos would be best, but I think this is my fave.

Then, I found myself directly on the other side from my first photo.



Somewhat unusual for me, I had been using the tripod on that day, but in order to obtain this final photo I had to hold it above my head. This photo was pretty much an afterthought, but I think this is my second fave of the day.




13 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

My fav of this group is number 2...and I like how the gold of leaves is set off by the almost total bluish tones of the rest of the photo.

DJan said...

Just wonderful photos, every one of them. And so appropriate to be in a cemetery at this time of the year. :-)

Marie Smith said...

Great setting for the season. Great photos!

gigi-hawaii said...

Very interesting cemetery. Over here in Hawaii, there are flat grave stones, not ones that stand. Except for the very old cemeteries that were made a long time ago.

Margaret said...

The second photo is my favorite because of the contrast between the gray gravestones and the brightness of the tree. Is is actually orange or yellow?

William Kendall said...

Lovely fall colours! I'm not sure if I've taken the last of my fall shots or not.

PipeTobacco said...

Beautiful photos..... but like Barbara.... I am especially enamored with #2.

PipeTobacco

Joanne Noragon said...

And my favorites are swapped with yours.

Red said...

You did some very different things with just one tree.

Rita said...

Now that is a pretty cemetery! :)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I think you used your time well, and the results are very pleasing. I often bird in cemeteries, always quiet places and old ones have majestic trees. With careful searching they are often roosting spots for owls, that can be found relatively easily, and seeing an owl is always special.

Kay said...

It's so neat how you did a study of that tree from different angles. It IS a very special tree.

Vicki Lane said...

They are all really nice but the second one is stunning.