Tuesday, October 20, 2020

A Brief Meetup in the Park

It had been long enough, so, after some deliberation, we met with Shauna and the kids in the park on Sunday. With COVID raging in nearby Ottawa and the kids at school and Sha at work, we've been keeping our distance.

Our plans to continue to keep a distance once we were actually together didn't work out too well, but the chance of catching anything in a short meeting in the great outdoors is very very low. These were not random strangers to hang out with in a crowded bar for hours at a time but people with whose health we had much reason to trust.

We arrived first, and I took a photo of Sue.


Then JJ showed up on the bike. He doesn't live very far from the park.


Shauna and Danica came a little later after purchasing coffee for us all. They parked at the other end of the park, so we met part way. I had hung back to take some photo or other.


A family photo, minus one.


There was some sitting and talking.



Sue had the kids toss leaves. I squeezed off about a dozen rapid fire photos of the sequence and picked two to blend. The base photo is of the kids, but the dog was best about three frames later, so I blended them together. I love it.


JJ still can't resist climbing trees.


The JJ show continues. He was #1, but Lola didn't quite make the podium.



It was a short but beneficial gathering. Unless we are lucky with a nice day or two, coffee meetups in the park are over for a very long time, but a walk in the brisk weather worked on that day.

Danica would have liked to come back with us for a sleepover, but that seems like a step too far at the moment. Sadly.

Since I seldom make videos, I forgot about these.

Kids, dog and leaves.


Lola chasing the frisbee. Notice the light change from one clip to the next. The sun aas going in and out a lot that day.




11 comments:

Marcia said...

How nice. It has been awhile for you. We consider our daughter and family part of our bubble. So far so good.

DJan said...

How wonderful to see everyone having such a good time. And the videos are fun! :-)

Marie Smith said...

That was a great place to meet. Isn’t it wonderful to see them after time apart?

Barbara Rogers said...

I wondered about the lighting and thanks for explaining it was due to clouds. Cute videos. Too bad that your bubble is limited and can't pick up your family. Drat pandemic! Your comment on my blog made me use the old grey cells early in the morning to figure out what TG was. And it was just last week up there!

gigi-hawaii said...

Very nice to get together with family. Everyone looks warmly dressed.

Margaret said...

What a wonderful gathering in the beautiful fall scenery! That dog is a good Frisbee catcher. I enjoyed the photos and videos of your get together. I don't worry too much about outdoor meet ups.

Red said...

You're a very disciplined family to keep your distance. Keep up the good work.

Joanne Noragon said...

A nice little visit, and coffee, too. The blended picture is superb. You are converting me.

Rita said...

Oh what a wonderful visit!! Just made me smile. :)

Jenn Jilks said...

Good work during COVID.
Can you believe it?
Family is so important.

Kay said...

It's so wonderful that you got to see them outdoors anyway. I'm really nervous too. My brother and sister-in-law babysit their grandchildren all the time and their father is an ER nurse. Therefore, I really keep my brother at a distance. I feel bad about that, but it's too scary right now.