Thursday, June 02, 2022

Tired Orchids

It rained yesterday, but between the showers, we washed the upstairs windows. It wasn’t my idea, let me tell you, but I was conscripted to use my longer arms to reach around and to do the outsides.

Afterward, I grabbed the camera and headed to Sha’s where she has an orchid in bloom. Even looking in person, I couldn’t tell how far past their best before date they were, but it’s pretty darn obvious when you take a macro and then look on a big screen.

Nevertheless, it’s all about the process. I haven’t photographed much lately, so it was good to do something. I altered the background in both photos from a beige wall to what you will see, below. 


We have been watching Stranger Things on Netflix. Jonathan got us started when we went over for supper the other night. It’s silly and juvenile, but it’s also kind of fun. This is the third or fourth season. I forget which.

Today we vote in our provincial election. I expect that the Conservatives will win, even though most of us aren't conservatives. It happens because the centre-left vote gets split between two parties.

 


19 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

Nice to see! It's a nice colour. Mine is quite white, although I'm still waiting for it to blossom again.

We've been watching BBC's Spooks on Amazon Prime.

Marcia said...

The tricks you play with your photographs are beyond my understanding. Turned out well.

Ed said...

It is season 4. I'm watching it too and I think on episode 5. I agree with your assessment but since I've watched it this far, I will carry on until the end.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the characters who have grown up so much since the last episodes, especially 11.

Vicki Lane said...

Nice, especially the second one.

Barbara Rogers said...

What lovely blossoms. I am so happy so see your orchid photos...nothing like a macro lens to see the details!

MARY G said...

I am holding my nose and voting Conservative. We have such a good candidate here that I have to. Talk about splitting the centre left vote!!! Oh well, if Elmer the Elephant ran Tory out here, he would get in. So my soul-searching is all for naught.
Nice, nice colour values in shot two. Love it. The blooms fell off my orchid before I got back to it. More coming. I will try macro, even if I can't match your skill.

Tabor said...

I only see orchids at the big box stores but am never tempted to buy them, as I have never been able to keep them alive. I met a woman the other day that has dozens of species and actually is an internationally know orchid breeder!! Good close-up. I am so lazy and fail to use my tripod...which now that I think about it, is broken.

Jeanie said...

I always think of orchids as freckle plants! They remind me of little kids with tons of freckles.

RedPat said...

Gorgeous. I have a pink one flowering now.

Margaret said...

I've never seen that color before; it's beautiful! My mom has a pink one and a green thumb. I kill indoor plants. Window washing...that needs to get done around here but I will definitely hire someone. I'm ashamed to admit that I know little about Canadian politics. Hopefully your conservatives aren't nut jobs like ours.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I smiled when you stated you had not done much with photos recently as I think you do quite the opposite, AC.

Marie Smith said...

Love the orchid photos. The yellow is so cheerful!

Debby said...

That orchid is gorgeous. Stranger Things was my first experience with binge watching. I see that there is a new season out. I don't think I'll get caught up in it.

William Kendall said...

I voted some days ago.

I expect the Conservatives will win, something I don't like.

Doris Potter said...

The orchids look pretty good to me – especially in the second photo!

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

How dramatic your 2nd picture is compared to the fussy background of the first one !

Joanne Noragon said...

Lovely orchids, nicely rendered.

Rita said...

Beautiful--both shots.
I forgot about Stranger Things. I saw the first two seasons, I think, years ago. Wild and crazy. :)

Kay said...

I can't remember what season Stranger Things is in now either. We watched the other seasons. I'm sure we'll start watching soon once we get over the jet lag.