Thursday, June 30, 2022

Another Sign Shoot

It's the final day of Pride Month. Sue and I got to Linda's new sign, draped ourselves in the Pride flag and took some photos.

The sign's message is: "It isn't what we say or think that defines us, but what we do." Behind us is a photo of one of the well-known couples in town, but we placed ourselves in front of their picture for our purposes.

We had chosen a day and time when the weather was supposed to be overcast because I know from experience that, otherwise, photos here become extremely contrasty. Unfortunately, the forecast was wrong, but we continued with the shoot regardless. In edit, I did my best to reduce the contrast, so you can imagine how the the original ↑ may have looked. Shooting in these conditions drives me crazy.

However, we did go on to take some Sue photos. Her photo challenge was long exposure, blur. She waved the Pride flag while the shutter was open for 2.5 seconds.

Then, she slowly twirled her colourful umbrella for 2 seconds.

I am still disappointed with the lighting, but I do like the concept. Maybe I can use the idea at another time and place.


 

14 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Very nice...from your knees to the twirling and waving motion shots. I've done something to dampen down the light on summer sun today too. Of course my editor is very limited still.

DJan said...

I think you both did a really great job of honoring Pride Month. Love your footwear! :-)

Boud said...

Great farewell to pride month. I hope the sign's not temporary.

Marie Smith said...

Yay for Pride! Great job on the photos. The bright sun drives me crazy for photos!

Marcia said...

We heard a very moving sermon on Sunday for Pride month. We have a niece and nephew (brother and sister) who are both gay. Nephew came out in college when he met his love and niece came out several years after college. My brother in law is a conservative but he has come around to accept their gender preferences.
I like the umbrella twirl photo the best.

Vicki Lane said...

You all are so inspiring!

DrumMajor said...

Looks great! Love the long exposure with the flag swirling; it looks like a friendly ghost pic. That entrance and gate must not be used much; the grass/plants are growing between the bricks. Linda in Kansas

Debby said...

I love the sign. Even without the flag.

RedPat said...

Love the umbrella twirling.

Joanne Noragon said...

Did you notice your orange shirt blends into the flag? Very nice.

Margaret said...

Wonderful and meaningful photo! At least you are talented and can do something to fix the lighting. Way to go!

Jenn Jilks said...

This is really fun!

Kay said...

You guys are so much fun! I love how you recognized Pride Month.

William Kendall said...

Well taken!