Friday, June 24, 2022

Last Minute Patio Breakfast

The morning dawned overcast and temperate. Since Sue and I hadn't made it out for our usual Father's Day breakfast, it seemed like a good day to remedy that lapse. There would be no sun beating down on the patio at the Gastropub, yet temperatures should be mild and enjoyable.

We made a last minute decision, but as we were just about ready to head out the door, Barb called and asked if we wanted to meet for coffee. She then agreed that breakfast would be a fine idea.

We four enjoyed both the ambiance and the company. (All of today's images are phone photos.)

A pano photo to capture the my three compatriots plus the river

Sue took this one ↓ of Bob and me.

I think I looked rather splendiferous in orange and my wacky new Cool-Ass Grandpa socks.


I stylized this photo of Sue into a b&w, high key photo.


Meanwhile, inspired by Danica,  the master of the selfie, I took some time out from the chitchat to snap some selfies. In these, I chose to keep the adorable subject in colour but make the background b&w.



And that's what Johnny and Susie and their friends did on a whim, yesterday morning.

Bonus

What is it about this place that makes me want to play with photos? I have just rediscovered this photo of me by Sue from our last visit way back in September.

Selective Colour




19 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The play with colour is interesting. Isn’t it wonderful to be able to meet with people again? It is wonderful but it feels strange somehow! It’s been over two years and I guess we adjusted to the isolation.

Boud said...

I'm glad your friends are still available. It looks like a nice morning out.

PipeTobacco said...

Your cap is too cool! I am going to have to search for a similar pattern to add to my own caps!

Your phone looks giant in the one photograph. I am assuming it may be the “big” type of iPhone. Although the larger screen would be nice, my phone purposefully is the smaller style….. and for me it is still rather frustratingly large…. because it does not easily fit in my shirt pockets and sometimes not even pants pockets (at least comfortably for me). Because of the increased phone sizes over that last few years, I am now even more of a damn klutz about my phone…. leaving it lying around all over the place, forgetting where I put it, etc. My original “smart” phone was the iPhone 4….. and it was perfect for me…. fit in my shirt pocket….. so I only misplaced it “occasionally” ;) .

If they made the current iPhone in the size of the 4, I would probably get it….. even though I might not be able to discern the screen now! 🤣

PipeTobacco

Anvilcloud said...

@Pipe. No it's is the standard size of the later models. Mine is a 10. Sue has a 13 of the same size. The 13 Pro is bigger.

Jenn Jilks said...

We nearly went there the other day! It's a fine patio.

(ツ) from Cottage Country , ON, Canada!

gigi-hawaii said...

I don't know how you used black and white with color, but the results are terrific. And what a nice time with friends! Gigi hawaii

Vicki Lane said...

You are colorful!

Barbara Rogers said...

How great to enjoy an outing with friends. I did it a couple of times this week, and once last week! Definitely the most important thing lost to COVID. Love your cap, and what we can see of the socks...clever to keep color on part of photos and go grey with the rest.

RedPat said...

These are great effects with the colour changes. You are a pro.

Jeanie said...

Splendiferous selfies indeed. I like them all. The b/w bg technique or highlighting the mug is really effective. It looks like a grand time!

MARY G said...

The world is opening up a bit. Splendid photo of Sue.

Kay said...

I love this idea of allowing just one thing to have color in a photo. This is so much fun. I love all your photos. That b/w of Sue is awesome. It's amazing what cellphones can do these days. I didn't even bring my bigger Canon on our Scandinavian trip.

Margaret said...

The warmth of the person in the black and white stands out. I love the ambiance of the deck and the water. I also adore breakfast out! I'm a little jealous.

PipeTobacco said...

Oh! Mine is a regular 10 too. It must just be the photo’s perspective that makes it look especially large (although I think our regular sized 10s are too damn big too. 🙂).

PipeTobacco

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You certainly did have a colorful outfit right down to the shoes, AC, and the selective use of color as fun to see as well. Isn't it nice to be able to gather with friends for coffee and conversation once again?

William Kendall said...

A good spot for a break.

The Furry Gnome said...

You do look rather splendiferous!

DJan said...

What great photos! And you did a fine job in playing with them. I love the look of that washed-out Sue shot. :-)

Joanne Noragon said...

Nice breakfast. Nice, funny photos.