Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Tuesday Check-In

It is almost noon, Tuesday, but I haven't slept since before midnight last night. I got about an hour of repose before Queen Mab took over (a Romeo and Juliet reference). I blame the switching of some meds.

I did play with this ↓ photo sometime during the night. It didn't really requite too much play, the main part being a conversion to b&w. Most will now recognize that it is from our favourite maple sugar goto – Wheelers.

White Rose was once a Canadian Oil Company

The car was due in for an oil change at 8, and they were kind enough to drive me home to wait the long wait. I had asked Bob to help me out by driving me home, but his car is at the body shop after an accident.

The day isn't going too badly, despite the paucity of sleep. I managed to solve Wordle in 5 and had 2 decent rounds of Sudoku.

We have been doing some garden work lately but not today, given how I am feeling. Sadly, I managed to blow out our grass trimmer on the very tall grass and weeds in the easement beyond the fence. I have mulched out front with red and have picked up 24 bags of brown for the back. Someday soon, I will have to wheelbarrow it to the back and spread it about. I hope I bought enough.

This is just a check-in, for I have nothing scintillating to write. Of course, when do I ever? 😊

17 comments:

Margaret said...

So sorry for the lack of sleep. It always hits me later or the next day. I need to take my car in for an oil change; I've been putting it off because I hate to wait in their waiting room.

Celia said...

Great photo. Your black and white ones are wonderful. Must be oil change season. I'm going in for mine tomorrow. I take it to one of those places that has you drive over a pit and stay in the car. Checks everything, probably get new wipers and 15-20 minutes and out.

RedPat said...

I like that shot a lot.

Marcia said...

Hope sleep comes early and stays long.

William Kendall said...

It's rare for me to have a bad night.

PipeTobacco said...

A lot of water can help you manage the adaptation to a change in medications more swiftly, which could help you return to a more typical sleep pattern.

Marie Smith said...

We are at gardening too. Ugh…a spring necessity. Sweet dreams for tonight, AC.

Barbara Rogers said...

Well, since you have become part of my morning routine, I did miss you and worry a bit about you. So I'm glad to hear from you again...though I understand feeling out of norm with med changes. It's definitely a time where I tend to pay most attention to my physical body, and the heck with the rest of the world...landed on Venus? found cure for cancer? oh la la...that's nice! I however, stubbed my toe! Now that's important.

Red said...

I know the feeling of lack of sleep. I didn't sleep last night either.

DJan said...

I hope you catch up on your sleep tonight. I really need a full eight hours to feel good, but I don't always get it and know the difference in my days when I'm sleep deprived.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't think White Rose fuel every been states.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Patio Postcards said...

Interesting photo ... sometimes changing to black & white adds to the conversation of the photo. Let's hope for some restful sleep soon.

Tabor said...

I remember when the cough and resulting meds messed with my sleep for 18 months! Now I usually get 7 to 8 ours and am so thankful. Keep strong.

Haddock said...

Doing my daily dose of Sudoko has become a compulsion for me.

gigi-hawaii said...

Good thing about being retired is you can nap during the day. Gigi-Hawaii

Jenn Jilks said...

Hubby was quite excited to have slept from 1 - 4 a.m. today! Sorry about your sleep.

Jeanie said...

SOrry you've not been feeling all that well and hope it levels off. I do like your black and white from the Canadian Oil place.