Tuesday, June 07, 2022

First Early Morning Photoshoot in Awhile

I woke up and got up early one recent morning but not early enough to get to a good spot before sunrise. It was also not a good sunrise with the sky somewhat overcast at first yet without the kind of clouds that would help make a photogenic sunrise. But it had been awhile since I had done an early shoot, so I headed out regardless.

After awhile, I found myself at St James Park, across the river from town hall. 

The first shot that I spied were reflections by the waterfall through a gap in the trees. I thought that gap would make a nice frame. Hmm . . . I think the frame may be too dark, at least at this size and resolution. The original, high resolution and full screen version looks reasonable on my monitor.

I went closer to the river for the next photo. I like it better, even without the frame, but if there is a next time for this location, I would like to use a longer lens and zoom in on the centre part with just the lights, reflections and waterfall.

Before leaving I took one more photo of town hall which would be off the right of the above photo. I was interested in the bit of reflection of the tower through the grasses. I decided that this image would be best presented in b&w. Too bad that the barrier is there to interrupt the reflection of the building.


I'm glad that I made the attempt, and since I haven't seen any other local photographer show town hall with a similar composition and in mono, I am satisfied with the final result.


17 comments:

Marcia said...

Have you managed to get some sleep these last several nights?
Last photo is interesting.

Marie Smith said...

Love that first shot!

Anvilcloud said...

@Marcia: I’ve managed 5-6 hours for a couple of nights recently.

Barbara Rogers said...

I really like the town hall in B&W...and the reflection with barriers seems to be a good connecting design of the foreground to the distant building.

MARY G said...

If you have good resolution on two, you could crop it, maybe?

Anvilcloud said...

@MaryG. I could, but I would prefer to shoot again with another lens. I should have done so at the time.

Margaret said...

I love photos with reflections. They are often reality bending.

RedPat said...

Love the town hall shot but it is too bad the barrier is there. It still is a great shot though.

Rita said...

I really like that last photo. :)

Red said...

I'm satisfied with your result too. I like the progression you show.

Jenn Jilks said...

You are a serious photographer! I really admire your work.

William Kendall said...

Good shots!

The most recent occasion I was up before dawn was not ideal for sunrises.

dellgirl said...

The photos are beautiful, absolutely awesome! I LOVE them ALL, no "fixin" needed. The reflections are really captivating, gives a different perspective on the view of the target image. Wishing you all the best, AC.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice work!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The last shot of town hall is a good one especially with the darker tone and reflection.

Vicki Lane said...

The reflections are wonderful!

Jeanie said...

The town hall has a look of Mad King Ludwig's castle in Germany. You could probably also crop the first one to leave the "frame" but lose some of the space.