Saturday, June 25, 2022

Not All That Palatable

Before moving on to other posts and topics, I must say a bit more about our restaurant visit described in the previous post, for I forgot to mention my sweetened eggs. It is so typical of me – both the eggs and also the forgetting – that I simply must share.

The Gastropub restaurant has good food, but their coffee is strong, to say the very least. Now when it comes to coffee, I am just a cream sorta guy. My formula is to use enough cream to render the coffee beige. But that is hardly enough for the Gastropub's very strong brew.

So, I did what I simply don't do and added sugar. When our cups were refilled, the sugar packages were gone, so I added sweetener instead.

I had a sip and decided that the cup required a wee bit more sweetening. I picked up teh opened packet again.

It was then that I suffered from one of my many customary brain cramps, for after picking up the package, I proceeded to sprinkle the contents on my eggs.

Yes, this is the kind of thing that I do. I am not proud of these mindless moments, but I am not all that ashamed either. We have to own what we are, eh?

Fortune did its bit though. For one thing there wasn't a whole lot of sweetener left in the package. For another thing, I had already consumed most of my egg. For a third thing, I didn't quite douse all of the egg that was remaining.

I am forced to admit, however, that sweetened eggs are not all that palatable. 

16 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Lol. You could have discovered a new food combination, AC. Too bad it didn’t work out!

Vicki Lane said...

I hate it when that happens.

DJan said...

I drink my coffee strong and unsweetened. I have to say I've never had sweet eggs but I'll take your word for it that they are not tasty! :-)

Jeanie said...

Bummer. I think I'd agree with you on the sweetened eggs. Not being a coffee drinker I might have avoided that one!

Barbara Rogers said...

That does sound like a gaff which would leave you tasting one thing too sweet, and the other not sweet enough. At least you didn't pour the coffee on the eggs.

Boud said...

I've heard of sweet omelettes for dessert. You could claim you were experimenting. But around people who know you well, you might just get a suuuuuure, AC!

Margaret said...

Sweetened eggs, ewww! At least you hadn't just started eating them. I'm a creamer person; at home it's Belgian Chocolate Toffee which makes the coffee almost like a mocha. (but with fewer calories)

Jenn Jilks said...

This is fun! We do this kind of thing all the time. What fun life is at this age!

William Kendall said...

Oops!

Mage said...

This one was a good one.

The Furry Gnome said...

Ican assure you you're not the only one having mindless moments!

Joanne Noragon said...

I sympathize. I do those sort of things often. Fortunately, I avoid sugar.

Red said...

I like it that you don't let mindless moments bend you out of shape.

Debby said...

Oh dear. Mindless moments. I have them too. I'm the one who walks into the kitchen with trash in one hand and earrings in the other, heads to the trash can and then leaves the kitchen with her trash in her hand.

Anvilcloud said...

Oh yes, Debby. Me too. Often. Just not with earrings.

MARY G said...

Oh dear. Yes, mindbends, an occupational hazard of the senior years. I blew the Sudoku this morning,too.