Sunday, June 19, 2022

Stitches

It's no laughing matter, but the procedure left me in stitches.

After two days we were to remove the original bandage, apply warm water, pat dry, smear with Vaseline, and cover again. Of course, there had to be a picture before the re-covering.

After the offending carcinoma was removed, they pulled the surrounding skin and stitched. I don't think there will be much of a scar. If there is, it doesn't much matter on this ole head.


This procedure is to be repeated for one week. After that, I am to continue the regimen outlined earlier for two more weeks but will not be required to wear a covering-bandage in the house. However, I have been told to still cover it up for another two weeks when I go outside.

=========================

As an afterthought, and since it is Father's Day, I will post a picture of my dad.

We had recently moved from Montreal to Toronto where he grew flowers in this greenhouse and others. we lived in a little cottage on the nursery property just opposite the greenhouse.

He would have been in his early fifties, which is about the same age as I was when he shuffled off his mortal coil at the age of 86.


19 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

Happy Father's Day!
I am glad you got that off. You must be relieved.

(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

Christina said...

This looks like super neat stitching. I hope you heel quickly and without itch. I have only ever had stitches once and the healing was itchy.

DJan said...

That is some impressive stitching!

Barbara Rogers said...

Happy Father's Day to you, with the new decorative stitchwork. I wonder if Sue can do some crocheting in a similar pattern, and then have it for the memories...just kidding. I'm sure you're happy to have it cleaned out. Perhaps some grumpiness went with it! Alright, you can groan with good reason now!

gigi-hawaii said...

Happy Father's Day! That stitch looks sore. Your father was handsome. Gigi hawaii

Margaret said...

That does look like it's going to leave a minimal scar! Docs who work on faces have to be excellent tailors/seamstresses. Happy Father's Day! Like you, I got many years with my father. Never long enough though.

Ed said...

That doesn’t look like a laughing matter… being in stitches.

Red said...

That was a sizable chunk that they removed from your head! All the best for a successful recovery.

Marie Smith said...

Happy Father’s Day, AC. Hope it’s a great one for you!

Jeanie said...

Well, that's one way to ease the forehead wrinkles. I can think of easier ones! (Actually, not, but vanity certainly isn't worth the stitches!) I hope they don't hurt too much and will be gone soon. I love the photo of your dad -- and that he had a greenhouse!

Rita said...

Looks like a nice stitching job, at least.
Your dad looks like such a nice man.
Happy Father's Day! :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

Ouch.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Mage said...

Very nice stitches. How nice to have a dad that grew flowers.

Debby said...

Eeek. That looks awfully uncomfortable. Take care.

Haddock said...

Oh don't you worry. That scar will disappear during the course of time. You Dad is standing tall.

Joanne Noragon said...

That picture of you in stitches gave my stomach the willies.

DrumMajor said...

Good job following instructions! Linda in Kansas

William Kendall said...

Ouch!

Norma said...

Always wear that new hat to protect you from the sun. Based on my husband's experience, this won't be the last one.