Saturday, June 11, 2022

Not Seeing Red

For the most part, my summer garb consists of shorts and tees. Although I succumb to ads for message tees like the Lacey and John one I purchased recently (see below), I lean toward plain tees most of the time. 

Although I have purchased other colours in the past, I now gravitate almost exclusively to black or red.

 

I find that the problem with red is that it tends to fade after a number of wearings and washings.

Recently, I dropped in at the clothing store where I purchase tees.

I came home with two new black tees but no red. I don't know why I purchased the black because I was fairly well stocked already.

Unable to find red tees while browsing, I asked at the counter if they could be made available online or brought in from other stores.

The gracious salesperson checked. Alas, red is no longer a choice.

I have since clicked on two or three tee ads on FB. I came up empty. I can purchase just about any colour except red.

No one seems to make plain red tees for men any more.

Is red no longer considered to be an appropriate colour for males?

Because I think I am pretty manly.

16 comments:

Boud said...

I expect it's a supply chain issue, about red dye or something. Maybe you can dye a couple of white tees red? Unless red dye has vanished from retail.

Vicki Lane said...

That's odd about the vanishing red tees. My husband favors greys and blacks.

Jeanie said...

That is odd. Try freshcleantees.com or LL Bean. They both had some on their websites. I don't know freshcleantees but LL Bean has good quality. Of course, you may be paying international shipping which might not be worth it....

Anvilcloud said...

I checked LL Bean last evening. I didn't see red. It is possible that the Canadian version does not carry the full catalogue.

Marie Smith said...

I didn’t see red tees in the store my husband buys his clothes. Then again, we haven’t been there in a while.

Barbara Rogers said...

What a surprising element of our world today!

Karen said...

Have you tried Giant Tiger? They have an in house brand called Mountain Ridge that we have found to be quite good in quality and color selection.

MARY G said...

Did you try LLBean? I have their latest catalogue and will report.

Margaret said...

The red tees would probably still be available for college or professional sports teams that use that color. Alabama Crimson Tide for example. Unfortunately, I wouldn't want a shirt with those teams on it. I love the tee that you're wearing! I wouldn't consider you grumpy though.

Celia said...

Landsend has several red choices for men. I get clothes there for my grown (grown, over 45, son), good quality. Good luck.

Red said...

Black Tees are too ho to wear in the summer.

MARY G said...

LL Bean Canada has several short sleeved tees in red. More in off-reds like orange or 'terracotta'. I order from the .ca website but there is a store in Trainyards in Ottawa.

DrumMajor said...

Well, I don't think you're grumpy. Try a local t-shirt shop that prints school event shirts or local team shirts. They probably have red. I think it's a hard color to have for the background when words and graphics get printed on them. The LLBean option will have a nicer shirt, maybe that's pre-shrunk. Linda in Kansas

Jenn Jilks said...

JB went through a phase of only black – no logos! I would have welcomed red!

William Kendall said...

I'm wearing a plain burgundy t-shirt today. Mostly I wear plain for shirts.

Mage said...

Target or Lands End?