Friday, June 10, 2022

That’s Better

Well, that was better. Last night I slept for about 6 hours, and they were pretty good hours. A semi decent sleep like that makes me feel better about life, increasing my sense of well-being to some degree.

Last night I started off in my chair and then moved to the bed about an hour and a half later. I wish it were a formula for success. Alas, I never know what will eventuate on any given night.

It is almost 6:30, and I am working on my second cup after arising at 4:30, and they’ve both been good cups. My preference for home is Belgian Chocolate, and today’s renderings have come out just about perfect.

It was only 12C (probably 55F) when I first got up. After spending time at the computer (I use a desktop, not a laptop), I am now comfy in my chair using my tablet while snuggled under a lightly heated blanket.

It doesn’t are too much to please me, eh?

I did have 3 naps yesterday. I know that sounds like a lot and is actually quite a lot, but it is almost wrong for me to call them naps. My naps last for mere minutes. In point of fact, a 15 minute nap would be one of my longer ones. It is amazing though how much a short nod-off can help. Sometimes, I am not really sure if I have actually fallen asleep or just come close. I call that zoning, and it does help quite a lot.

After much rain, I see that the sun is peeking through enough to throw some prisms on the wall. As I said, it doesn’t take much to please me.

Now to finish my coffee and play Wordle and Sudoku. On most days, Sue, Sha and I play Wordle and post our results in our family chat. Sometimes, JJ and Danica also play. It’s a little point of contact, something like saying meowwwwwwww or good morning. (Ah, I see Danica has played a trick and caused my ‘hello’ to be changed to meowwwwwwww. What a card, that one!)


16 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Little pleasures are the best!

Marie Smith said...

Hope you get some rest again tonight, AC. Those cat naps are perfect!

Barbara Rogers said...

It sounds like you finally caught up on sleep. And your routine at least allows you those times of rest, and hopefully some regeneration from them. Love the family connecting in the word game! Have a great weekend!

Debby said...

I love that your family manages to come together every day, even if you're not together.

gigi-hawaii said...

I am glad you are getting more sleep, which is very important at any age. Gigi Hawaii

Margaret said...

So glad that you got some better quality sleep. That's important for our state of mind! The daughters and I do Worldle and statele and share our results. John and I do those plus wordle. It is like a Good Morning, today's puzzles were hard/easy/impossible/crazy!

DJan said...

I need a lot more sleep than you do. I'm happy if I get 8 hours, but 9 is better. It's the difference for me in a good day ahead and a crummy one. :-)

gigi-hawaii said...

Sleep is important. Cat naps do me a lot of good, too. My first comment disappeared. Gigi hawaii

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad you're feeling better about life!

Joanne Noragon said...

Real sleep is so fine.

William Kendall said...

I sleep well... But today the end of the day has me absolutely exhausted.

Red said...

My nap routine is similar to yours. It only takes a few minutes of nodding off and It's like a new day.

Mage said...

Unless someone makes a fuss, I can nap for hours mid day.

Jeanie said...

Three cheers on better sleep, and I hope it kept up last night, too. Rick and I do Wordle separately; me on my own, him with his two friends who are blind on the phone. We compare notes. Lately I've been getting it in four but I got piety in two and have no idea how that happened!

Anvilcloud said...

@Jeannie. Piety was a toughie and took me 4. Four is probably my standard but that was a slow 4 if you know what I mean. Sometimes, I can get 4 quickly, but that one took me a long time. I did it in 3 today.

MARY G said...

Good to hear that you are doing better. I bombed today's Wordle. I hope you did better than that.