Friday, July 01, 2022

Happy Canada Day with Old Fireworks Photos

It's Canada Day, and with life returning to a semblance of normal. there will be activities after the previous two-years cancellations. Our celebrations will likely be restricted to photographing the fireworks tonight. I hope to shoot from the same spot as I did in 2019 but do a little better this time.

I did like the photos from 2019, but to expose the fireworks right, the rest of the photos were a pretty solid black, including much of town hall. I would prefer to see a bit of detail there, but I am not sure that I will be able to pull it off.

Whatever the case, I looked through the 2019 photos, found a few that I hadn't developed way back then, so I edited them and now present them in my little blog space.





I sure hope the weather cooperates tonight, so I can get a new batch of photos.


18 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Love the clock tower in the bursts of light!

Boud said...

Happy Canada day!

DJan said...

Happy Canada Day!

gigi-hawaii said...

Happy Canada Day! These photos look great! Good luck tonight. Gigi hawaii

Barbara Rogers said...

Happy Canada Day...what does it celebrate anyway? No don't answer, I'll google it!

Patio Postcards said...

Happy Canada Day - we are looking pretty good for 155 years old.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Our best wishes to you & others for a Happy Celebration. Our fireworks 🎆watching will be on our 🇺🇸celebration day, this Monday

Vicki Lane said...

The Town Hall is a great addition to these beautiful shots.

Jenn Jilks said...

Nicely done! I enjoyed them.

I cannot stand fireworks. I have a bit of PTSD around them. Noise is my trigger. Even when JB sneezes, he's been sneezing 6 months, I get startled.
(ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!

RedPat said...

These are fabulous shots!

Marcia said...

Happy Canada Day! Love that last photo. A neighbor will be putting on a fireworks display for anyone who wants to view it. we can stay on our deck to view it. A first for us.

Red said...

Ya nailed it this time!

Joanne Noragon said...

These are great firework pictures. Well done.

Debby said...

Happy Canada day! I do love that clock tower silhouetted against the fireworks. Good luck with your weather. It's not looking really good from here...

Margaret said...

Happy Canada Day! Love the clock tower with the fireworks--so dramatic!

Kay said...

Happy Canada Day, John! Those are awesome fireworks photos. As I scroll up, it seemed to kind of explode a little.

Rita said...

Happy Canada Day!
The fireworks framing the clocktower is awesome!

William Kendall said...

I heard the fireworks but didn't go out to see them.