Monday, June 01, 2020

Humanity

I remembered seeing these two darlings dancing joyfully at Celtfest, and I decided to find the photo and post (or repost) it during these troubled times. It is not my best photo, but it is timely. We are all the same. There's one human race. We have to learn to be better.


On Thursday, the torrid heat caused us to cancel our coffee date in the park. we met yesterday. Look how we're dressed just three days later when it was 13C/55F with strong winds to boot. I was wearing my winter coat and pulled my hood up to block the wind howling in my ears. Wind plays havoc with hearing aids.


COVID numbers are still trending well enough all things considered. The Mothers Day spike is behind us, but will there be a new spike from the long weekend (last weekend)? We still need the new daily cases to go down to 200 and lower, but the numbers remain stubbornly in the 300s.


Desperate for new photos, I went out into the back easement and photographed some dandelions in various states of being. Except for a few flowers/weeds back there, the most recent crop is all but gone. The field behind us which was loaded with yellow has almost completely gone to seed.




My goodness, I was about to part without dropping a selfie. We can't have that.


12 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

These are trying times.
All things considered: weather, COVID, the racism.
Your posts always are fun.

gigi-hawaii said...

It amuses me that you sat out in the cold. I would have stayed indoors. Haha

DJan said...

Such a huge change in temperature. It's hard to know how to dress these days. I love your pretty selfie. You look good in mascara. :-)

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

You touch on many things, but lightly! Thank you....I feel so distressed by everything, but I know I have to focus more on the hopeful and on gratitude...

Barbara Rogers said...

Your eyelashes are a bit much, if I do say so. Glad you got to have visit with friends. Flowers past their prime should be celebrated more, kind of like humans...just saying.

Christina said...

Aren't those two little girls just lovely?

Your cases diagram from Ontario is most interesting. I wonder if I can find a similar one for my own city, Glasgow. We had Mother's Day back in March, the spike would have been well obscured by the thousands of cases in early April.

Marie Smith said...

Can we have do over on 2020. It just keeps getting better and better!

Margaret said...

I love your photo of the girls. It's what I need to think about as I watch riots and the burning of America. I'm hoping that today's young people do a better job with this world than my generation has. I'm running out of new flower pictures too. I may mow the lawn and take a photo of that!

Rita said...

We just had frost in areas around here and today it is 95 degrees! Yup--crazy weather.
Love the pic of the girls...and your selfie, of course. :)

Joanne Noragon said...

Past their prime danelions are ugly.

Red said...

For these two little girls, racism is a concept that have never known. Why do people have to teach their kids to be racist?

Mara said...

We are slowly getting ahead of the virus right now and being allowed out more. Fortunately the weather has been really good for the duration of our lockdown, so we have been able to be outside a fair bit.

Hopefully those two girls having fun together will become two adults having fun together.