Sunday, June 14, 2020

Sunday Snippets

I hope your Sunday goes well as I post very lightly this morning.

A little more information about our new social circles and how they compare to social gatherings. 

Image Text: 
Social circles
• Close contact is allowed (ex: hugs) 
• Must always be the same people
• You can belong to only one circle

Social gatherings
• Maintain physical distances (2 metres) 
• Can be any group of up to 10 people 
• You can gather with different groups of up to 10 people

If everybody is up for it, the 5 of us will resume family dinners on Monday after a 3 month hiatus.  While we have lots of food in the house, we don't seem to have much to cook up for a proper dinner if you know what I mean, so I have purchased 2 frozen chicken pot pies, not mass produced, from a local shop.

Why cat racing is an idea doomed to failure.

Image

A photo from the week where I explored behind a building on the highway out of (or into) town. I played around with various filters to arrive at a version of the scene that pleased me, emphasizing the glow that was already present.


We are festooned in garlands and bokeh to finish the weekend.


14 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Enjoy that long awaited family dinner. Ours was Mother’s Day., made more special after the two months isolation.

Jenn Jilks said...

This will be a relief, won't it?
We're being really careful with the kids. With all this angst, it is a blessing to see them.

Barbara Rogers said...

Love the selfie that shows your real faces! You all are looking good. Have fun with the family!

DJan said...

I love your pretty picture! It sets a gentle mood and I enjoy looking at it. And nice selfie, too! :-)

Margaret said...

Nice garlands, and I love the ambiance of that glowing photo. I feel calmed just looking at it. It's good to get back to some normal things; this past three months has lasted about 100 years. Glad that you'll be back to your family dinners.

Margaret said...

P.S. I remember how my students used to laugh if I used "snippets." Many of them were unfamiliar with the word. I think it's one of those words that means what it sounds like. (can't remember the term for it)

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Clearly destined for sainthood! Very nice selfie.

gigi-hawaii said...

Pot pies are delicious. Hope all goes well for you.

Joanne Noragon said...

Have a big, noisy, wonderful family dinner.

Mage said...

You two are lovley. As is the glowingly golden photograph.

Kay said...

That’s a beautiful photo of you two lovebirds.

Gosh... a family dinner? We’re still not ready for that yet.

Terra said...

I like the photo where the tree glows, and of you two lovebirds. Enjoy your family dinner.

Mara said...

We had family over to celebrate my dad's birthday. They all kept their distance, unless they were doing the dishes. There they stood shoulder to shoulder! No hugging or kissing though. I do miss that.

Vicki Lane said...

It does feel good to gather--even while maintaining distance.